Chapter Three

"I miss you, Ash, please call me back when you get it.", Alex sent a voicemail with his heavy voice. Withing minutes the phone rang.
"What happened?", Ashley sounded surprised.
"Nothing, I just miss you, I'm sorry. Can we talk?"
"Oh, so you're done with your music project?"
"No I'm not but I need you, can we meet?"
"No we can't, mom wouldn't allow me to go outside at 8."
"Okay then I'm coming to your place in 10 minutes."
"But.."

Alex hung up her call even before she said something. He was so disturbed when he was going to her home. He always used to have a dream in which he used to see a angel coming out from the sky and the clouds and coming towards him and kissing him, he never saw a face, but he believed that the angel was his soulmate. That day, he saw Ashley as the angel. That turned his mind and maybe he realized something which he didn't realized before. So he needed to apologize to her because he was very sad for not talking to her for so long and then he wanted to tell her about this dream.

When his knocked the door Ashley's mother opened and told his to go upstairs. He was that much nervous for the first time to meet her. He knocked her door.
"Come in."
"What's ya doing?", hearing this, Ashley just looked at him and he knew what to do. Ashley was writing and and she never really liked to talk to anyone at that time. After few minutes she got up,
"So, what do you want? Anything for the project?", she sounded quiet rude.
"I know you're mad at me Ash, but please just listen to me.", he pleaded.
"What is there to listen to? Have you left anything? It's my first relationship so I was a bit busy to make up everything. I never thought that you would behave like that, I expected you to be the most understanding one but you just broke my heart. You really did hurt me a lot in these days.", her voice became heavy as she ended.

There was a disturbing silence in the room for some minutes. Alex didn't even realize she was that much hurt so he despised the actions he had taken before. So he had nothing to say. But he had to.
"I'm sorry.", he meant it.
But Ashley didn't say a word because if she did, she wouldn't be able to hold her tears anymore.
"Please, talk to me.", he pleaded.
"I hate you, go away from me.", and with this, Ashley started crying.
"Hey, why are you crying? Please, don't, I'm sorry!", Alex hugged her.
They stayed in the same position until she stopped.
"Okay, I forgive you. But not totally. We've never stayed without talking to each other for this long, after a fight!"
"Yes, so this is our new world record! Maybe!"
Ashley gazed at him.
"Okay, okay, I know what to do, I'll buy you a hot chocolate tommorow, happy?"
"Well, that's good. You're such a mess! I hate you."
"Yeah, but I love you!", and he meant it.
"Aww, I love you too Alex!", and suddenly she jumped and got over her table and took a box and showed it to Alex.
"What is it?"
"Open it."
It was a ring.
"Whose is this?"
"Obviously mine! He gave it to me and said that he wants to marry me, next year. He's too cute. I was dying to say this to you.", she chuckled.
"When did this happen?"
"Yesterday, at the Grinders. Everyone was watching us, and believe me, I was just so embarrassed!"
"Did you say yes?"
"I did! Definitely! Now I know, he is the one. I love him so much Alex, he said that he just need a year.", Ashley blushed.
"Oh, cool, I'm so happy for you Ash!", then he hugged her, maybe because he didn't want her to see that his eyes said something else.
"You want coffee?"
"No thanks, I gotta go, maybe mom's waiting for dinner. See ya tomorrow!", he took his things and started to leave.
"Hey, wait, tomorrow, 2 pm at Grinders. Done?"
"Yeah, cool. Goodnight, bye."
"Yep, goodnight."
He left in a hurry, Ashley felt odd for a moment but then she started daydreaming about her wedding to Ethan.

Alex left in hurry because he wanted to tell her about the dream, about how he feels about it. He wanted to talk to her after all these days, about him. But he didn't get the chance. He just wanted to talk freely, but the ring and the wedding, all of this destroyed him at that moment. He couldn't control his thoughts, he didn't know where they were getting him. He was not able to understand where his subconscious was taking him, what he felt, what he wanted to feel. He just felt an ache in his mind about everything, about her.

The dream, it was a really big deal to Alex. Well it didn't seem to. He always used to say about this faceless angel to Ashley and she always used to say that he's gonna get a faceless girl. But then she always said him that if he ever see anyone's face, that's the one he loves. That was happening to him, then he just started to understand the reason of his jealousy, it was not only a bestfriend type of jealousy. Maybe he knew what it was but he didn't want to admit it to himself. He never saw her like that. But he started questioning the point. Did he really never or he never really got into a relationship for that? He didn't understand what it was then but he wasn't able to think about anything else for some days.

"I loved her but I didn't know, what a fool I was!", Alex whispered in his thoughts. It was enough for him, thinking about the past he left 2 years ago. And he just realized that it's time to go home. So he got up from the bench and started walking towards his home. He didn't want to think about any of it. So for the first time he noticed that how much the town had changed in past two years. While walking, suddenly he got a touch in his back.

"Hey, Alex!", a voice of a girl came across his ears, he turned around and saw a familiar face.
Seeing her face, Alex faced a bunch of emotions coming through his nervs. But he controlled himself and raised his voice.
"Hey! Ella! Hi!", he tried to sound pretty normal.
"Where have you been? Long time no see!", she replied with a ringing voice.
"I was... I was actually out of town, I just got back Sunday.", Alex became pretty nervous as he started talking.
"Yeah, I know that."
"How do you know?"
"No, I didn't know that where you were but Jessica told me that you just suddenly disappeared. It was quite surprising for me! I know I knew you very less, but you were not a man to run from things!", she laughed.
"Yeah, no, I just wanted to....", he didn't get to end it when a boy suddenly came and hugged Ella or Gabriella.
"Hey, meet him Alex, he's my boyfriend, Max. Max, he is Alex, my college friend.", she introduced them in the nicest way.
Both, the guys, shaked hand and then Ella continued, "Actually today is our 1 year anniversary, so we are just going for a day out."
Alex felt a sudden light ache in his heart, he didn't know why.
"Oh my god, it's too good. I'm so happy for you guys. Go on.", Alex appreciated them with all of his heart, he really meant his words.
"But, I think you guys met after a long, we can celebrate later, if you guys just wanna talk.", this reply from Max was suddenly unexpected for both Ella and Alex, but they both controlled their expression.
Then Alex put up his both hands on the shoulders of both of 'em and said with a fresh voice, "No, I don't wanna ruin your day, go and enjoy, I'm gonna meet her later."
He really was happy then but the ache was continuing and he didn't know the reason, but he kept his confusion inside and didn't let it out on his face.
"Okay then, I'll meet you later, Alex, you take my number.", after that, Alex and Ella shared number and the couple got away, and Alex started to his way home. He still had the ache and was confused about what just happened. He was happy but he was having mixed emotions as meeting Ella led him to another door of his memories.