Chapter Seven

Ash!". Finally Alex succeeded to say the words which he was trying to say for minutes but his voice wasn't coming out. Ashley was walking very fast and she wasn't looking back, and Alex was following her silently ad wasn't able to call her name. But for once, he managed.

Nearly reaching the supermarket, Ashley stopped and turned around.
"Why the hell are you following me?", disgust was all over her voice.
"I... I wanna talk to you.", it nearly sounded like a whisper.
"Who are you? Why do you want to talk to me? We have nothing to talk to... now stop following me!", she was literally screaming.
"Please Ash, just for once...", Alex was scared, because he knew Ashley could be really scary when she became angry.
"Stop calling me that name!", she uttered all fo the words, slowly, one by one, but in a more than angry tone.
Alex didn't say anything, he didn't have anything.
"Just go away!", finally Ashley said, after a short pause.
Alex didn't say anything and moved away, he knew he wasn't able to confront her so soon. But he really wanted to talk to her. Her grief towards him was normal, to whom he used to share everything even when they talked less, he didn't tell her about leaving town. He left his phone in his room and never connected to any of them, not even his parents. Again he started thinking if Ashley was gonna ever forgive him, if she really stopped talking, and the thoughts did hurt him. He understood her disappointment but he was not able to give up so he decided to hold on to her and give her time until she decided to talk.

He was sitting outside of the supermarket and he was hungry. He remembered he was supposed to eat lunch with his mom but as he rushed out from home he told her that he would take lunch outside.

So he went on a restaurant near and ate whatever he saw in the menu. He wanted to do it fast because he was afraid that Ashley would go out from there and he would never get to know. He got on the bench again so fast and was relieved to see Ashley coming out of the supermarket. He saw her from a distance and started following her. She didn't have any idea about Alex following her.

"Hey, look who's here, Alex!", he suddenly heard a female voice.
"Hey, Jess and...... Mike!", he was quite surprised to see them together and it was all over his face and voice.
"Yeah, we are kind of... together.", Jessica said in a shy voice. Then Mike gave a friendly hug towards Alex but it was full on his face, surprise.
"When did it happen?", Alex got out of Mike's grip as soon as possible.
"It's been one and a half year. Drop it now, where have you been?", Mike said in a surprised manner.
"I got out of town suddenly. I didn't have the time to say anyone.", he was shy and regretful saying all of that again.
"I know that, I even looked for you in your house but your parents said us and they were really upset." Alex felt bad about everything he did and put on an apologetic smile on his face.
"It's okay Mike, at least he is back!", and Jessica hugged him. But his regret didn't leave him.

After a brief talk to them, they left, leaving Alex with so many questions. He understood that when he left Jessica was with Eddie and that was reason of Eddie and Mike for not being in good terms, and the break of sunshine. As thoughts kicked him again, he remembered about Ashley. He remembered he lost sight of her when he met them, and talking to her was really important. So he started to look for her again. He wasn't able to go to her home so he started looking for her in every possible places she could be.

And he was again in the park, and started walking, thinking that she could be in there. And maybe someone helped his thoughts to come true. He saw Ashley sitting on a bench and without even thinking about his thoughts he started walking towards her and stopped in a distance, whispering her name.

She gazed at him and he suddenly knew what to do. She was writing diary while sitting on a corner of the bench and Alex was sitting on another corner. Suddenly Alex remembered their previous days when they had a fight, and Alex knew that she didn't like any disturbance while writing diary. So he sat still and didn't say a word, waiting and getting himself ready for what was coming.