Chapter Nine

After a long, Alex slept with peace. It was something he got for the first time after coming in Persia. He was excited for Ella's party so he got up late and felt fresh. He had great expectations about the party, and he didn't want Ethan to show up on the party.
Then he thought that Ella knew his thoughts so he didn't think about that more. He spent his daytime thinking about meeting his old friends and telling every each of them why he left. He was thinking about if Ella was going to come or she wouldn't, how to start talking to her and many more.

He spent rest of the daytime by singing, cherishing old memories, thinking about what to say and what to not and many more. At the dusk, he tried to dress cool and wore a black shirt which Ashley gave him once. He laughed having the thought that he was again thinking about impressing Ashley.

Samantha was clearly throwing her suspicion towards him when she uttered a cough full of ridicule.
Alex felt embarrassed, "Mom! What?"
She looked at him upside down and smiled, "Look who's dressing like a gentleman! Where are you going?"
"There's a party in Ella's place.", Alex felt embarrassed.
"Ella! Ooh... that's cute.", and Samantha's expressions told everything.
"Mom! I broke up with her 2 years ago, remember that? She has boyfriend now, don't do this."
"Yeah, I know you son. Is Ashley coming?"
Alex wasn't expecting the question and neither he was ready to answer it. But his expressions told everything.
"Ugh.... I see! Go have fun! You don't have to say anything.", she gave a compromising smile and left.
They they shared goodbyes and Alex got up in his car. That encounter between him and his mom made him feel bad. He was feeling bad for leaving them like that, for doing that to them. Samantha had always been the most supportive person in Alex's life and she always was his best friend. He used to share every detail of his life to his mom and she always supported him. No one knew 2 years before that he loved Ashley. Only Ella and Samantha knew. Samantha never asked him about Ashley but she secretly knew always. After Alex broke up with Ella, Samantha didn't make him feel bad, she knew everything but she told Alex to move on from everyone. But secretly she always knew that Alex and Ashley were both in love which each other since childhood, but they never knew. Alex never really accepted the part where Ashley loved Alex and he was confident about it. But he never denied to his mom that he love Ashley.

As Alex started his car engine, ge suddenly felt a heaviness on his heart. He suddenly rushed out of the car and knocked the front door of his house. Samantha opened it and felt odd suddenly.
"You are not going to the party?", she felt surprising.
"Yeah, I'm going. I just... I just need something.", Alex's voice was heavy and shuddering.
"What is it? Alex are you okay?", she felt a sudden rush of feeling as she saw tears in his eyes.
He suddenly hugged his mom and started crying saying, "I'm sorry", and Samantha also hugged him back.
Alex was having a fall of emotions as he felt regretful for what he did to his parents. He felt how much he missed his mother and started crying like a baby.

Samantha's eyes were also wet, but she managed to control herself and started comforting Alex.
"Why are you crying like a baby?"
"I just..  miss you mom. I'm sorry for leaving you like a coward.", his voice was shaking as he wasn't able to stop crying.
"It's okay, baby, I'm not angry with you. I know you didn't leave any note but I know why you left. Maybe it was a bit odd to leave like that but you had nothing to do so you left, I understand. But I also feel bad that you stayed so long without any contact. I miss you too."
Tears started flooding from both of their eyes.
"I didn't know what to do mom."
"It's okay. At least you have one album on your own."
Alex suddenly loosened his grip on his mom and felt a bit surprised.
"How do you know about the album?"
"Do you think that I didn't try to find you? I even tried to call you but you never received."
Alex again felt tears in his eyes but then he wiped his wet cheeks and again apologized for his behavior.
"I'm sorry mom. I didn't know what I was thinking."
"It's okay, I know what you were thinking. Now leave it, aren't you running late for your party?"
And Alex looked at his watch and started hurrying but then again he hugged his mom and kissed her cheeks and it was a warm goodbye.

Then Alex got up in his car and started driving and making a to do and a to don't do list for the party.