Chapter One

In a starry night, hands full of personal belongings and heart full of heavy clouds, Alex was on his way to home, which he left 2 years ago. He was so embarrassed to face his parents and others. He was so worried as while walking his legs were freezing. It took two years to make up his mind about the things which he left in this city, his hometown, Persia. He only got negative feelings about everything, literally everything! Walking on the streets, passing by the playground he used to play, walking on the bridge of his memories, it was too much for him to take in, as the love, stress, worry and all the emotions kicked his stomach so hard that his eyes ached for something to lean on.

As the thoughts kicked more and more, he didn't even realize when he reached so close to his 'Home sweet home!', as it was still written on the nameplate of the house by his childhood handwriting in a paper.

HOME SWEET HOME

Richard Davis
Samantha Davis
Alexander Davis

Still on the row, the same. He didn't even know how to knock the door without hesitating or regretting any decisions he made before. He couldn't but still, he did it! As the door opened, it was his mother, Samantha Davis, with wide eyes and a face full of shock and mixed emotions. Like every emotion a human being had was flooding through her eyes, as tears. She didn't even think but jumped like a child and hugged him, a breathtaking hug, enough to take all the stress and anxiety away. Alexander, Alex in short, was also so pleased by his mother's reaction and loosening every strength, he flew away with the flow, so emotional but not even able to cry loudly as regret kicked his stomach. It all settled down quicker than he thought, the apologizing part. His mother and father were so soft hearted toward him that they forgave him for what he did. They were a too suspicious about why he did it but he was unable to say. He was too tired that day that he fell asleep so fast without any depressing thoughts.

The next day, it started good with his favorite breakfast made by his mom which he really missed. Then he got out to roam around his favorite town. It was the park, he used to play in his childhood. He became so emotional as he entered the park and took a seat. As he sat and saw a boy and a girl playing with sand, old memories started flashing back and he started to remember his childhood, his friends, the games he played and everything. And specifically he got a glimpse of Ash and him playing. His bestfriend, Ashley Cooper. He remembered every short details of the days when then used to play together, fighting, endless laughter and he regretted it because he didn't want to remember any of these. The more he roamed the more his mind took him to his happiness memories where he, Ashley, Mike, Jenny played together. Specially he and Ashley grew up together sharing every description of their lives, and got each other always while growing up.

Ashley was his bestfriend, they spent 18 years of their lives together. At the age of 3 she and her parents moved to Persia town and they were Alex's neighbor. Alex and Ashley went to school together, studied together, shared every secret of each other and became best friends. They didn't even know what best friends meant when they became.

As they grew up, went to middle school everyone thought that they were dating by their behavior to each other. But then they were not ever like that. When they heard the rumors Ashley just said,
"Who would even love you? I'm not that unlucky I guess!"
and Alex was like "I'm not that insane to love you!"
They had the friendship which everybody wanted, an abusive, loving, caring friendship. From fighting with each other to fighting for each other, they were always together.

Suddenly a ball did hit his foot and he got out of his daydream. The child whose ball was it came to him to get it back and he felt so down that he had to get up. He was exactly remembering the things he didn't want to remember.

"Hey Alex!"
A voice startled him. It was Eddie Highmore, his high school classmate.
"Hey Ed, what's up?"
He tried to act normal but it didn't sound like that.
"Where have you been all these years? We missed you so much man! You were the sunshine and as you left sunshine vanished!" Eddie sighed.
"What do you mean by that?" Alex became a bit surprised.
"Sunshine, our band! You, me, Mike and Jess! We had a band! Do you remember?" He murmured.
"Yeah, of course I do! No I didn't mean that I didn't understand about the sunshine part but, what do you mean by it vanished?"
"Oh" he said sorrowfully, "as you left, our band broke. Maybe we were not capable of leading it so...."
"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Eddie, I didn't mean to leave our band like that but I just left for some problems, it.. it was a quiet fast decision.."
"I don't know why you left mate! But it was so disappointing for us that you left us just before our first stage show!", he sounded disgusted.
"I'm sorry mate, I really am. Okay let's just reconcile our band, please!", he sounded like he meant it.
"It's kind of.. ugh.. not easy for us!"
"Why? What's the matter?"
"Mike and I, we are not in good terms." Eddie was suddenly distracted.
"I want to fix this bro. Please", Alex was serious as he really wanted to fix what he left behind, but not all maybe!
"Listen, Alex! You are a successful musician now! Why would our band bother you anymore?", he was shy as he looked away.
"How do you know I'm..", he didn't even get to finish his sentence,
"I heard your album. Yes, I did! I was so angry with you but your talent! It's undeniable!", there was a sudden spark in Eddie's eyes which probably meant that he forgave him many days ago, "If you did it to make your dream come true, you're forgiven, but we can't be together again, sorry!", but he wasn't able to be there again.
"Okay, I'm sorry again.", this time Alex was a bit absent minded so they didn't talk much after that and left. Alex had to get out of there because old thoughts were playing hide and seek with him.

It was an old bridge, which did hit Alex again.

THE CHRISTAL LAKE BRIDGE

It was the bridge where he used to come every dusk whenever he felt sad. The lake and the garden beside it was too beautiful for him to bless his eyes. The bridge and the lake and the cold breeze, always took his stress away. He and Ashley used to call or text each other whenever they felt sad and used to meet in the bridge. They used to chat a lot, laugh a lot until there sorrow got away. And it was happening again to him. He felt miserable for a moment and it filled his eyes. He wasn't even able to run away from the things he didn't want to recall.

So he got back to his way home. On the way home he saw the GRINDERS CAFÉ, where he and Ashley used to come to share their daily life reports, it was kind of a thing so important to them. They used to have hot chocolate literally every day, on the same table, on the same time. His face became red as he remembered all of these. He really wanted Ashley at that moment, to share a Daily Report 2.0 with a hot chocolate, but it wasn't possible. So his face got warm and he didn't want to burst, so without looking at anything for sometimes, he went straight to his house.

Finally Richard and Samantha were able to talk to their son normally. It was a long night talk, after years, and all of them were so happy.
They talked about so many things like Alex's career as a singer, his first music album he published. They also knew his success, but maybe they were a bit angry, because he didn't have to flee for his career, they would absolutely accept his carrer choice and let him do what he wanted.

It was a long and devastating day for Alex, so he just got into bed and fell asleep, waiting for a new day.