Chapter Sixteen

"Okay, so it's one." Alex whispered. He was waiting for the time since he woke up. And at 1 pm he got up from his bed and started to get ready. He wore a blue shirt and a black jeans, combed his hair and fragranced himself.
"Are you going out for a date?", Samantha asked while going inside his room.
"What? No! What makes you think that?", he felt it was a terrible idea to call or think it as a date.
"You never use perfume.", Momma Davis pointed.
"Ugh, mom. It's just, normally,"
"Yeah yeah, I see. Normal.", Samantha laughed in her breath.
"So, where are you going?"
"At Grinders. Coffee."
"So, with Ashley then?", a brightness kept over her face.
"Yea. We've been fighting, and now, finally, she accepted to make things right. So we're gonna hang out. Wait! What is that look! Am I overdressed mom?"
"Oh no darling. You look perfect! Actually, it's been a long, seeing you like this.", and she smiled.
"Aww, mom. I love you.", and Alex kissed her cheeks.
"I love you too.", and she kissed back, "I love seeing this version of Alex, this charming cute guy. How are you single?", she teased.
"Ugh! Mom!", he gazed at his mom.
"Okay okay, I'm shutting up.", and she left with a smile.

And Alex got out. He felt that the walk was taking longer that it could and he was sweating due to his fast walking and his internal tension. As he arrived at his destination, he looked inside and there was she, sitting there, with a quiet good loking dress on Alex's aspects. And he got inside and realized he was late by fifteen minutes.
"So Alexi, you're late.", pointed Ashley.
"What? Why are you calling me that name?"
"Oh, sorry! I can't. Only Ellah can! Love love, young love.", Ashley teased.
"Ugh! We broke up. There is nothing like that you know. And the point is, she has a boyfriend!"
"Aww! Broken love!", and Ashley rubbed her hand on her eyes and teased him like she was crying.
"Shut up! Stop being annoying.", Alex chuckled.
And Ashley's face went dark as she uttered, "Oh sorry. I'm no one to annoy you.", and she looked around.
And Alex felt a suddent shudder all over his body.
"No, Ash. I'm sorry. I was just kidding. Please don't misunderstand. I'm too close to win you back. Please,", and Ashley bursted out in a flow of laughter and Alex rubbed his eyebrows.
"Really!", Alex uttered in a annoyed voice.
"I'm too advanced in joking Alex.", Ashley put on a victorious voice, "Don't mess with me.", she added, on a bossy tone.
"Okay ma'am. I'm sorry."

And then they both ordered hot chocolate and started talking.
"So you work in the supermarket?"
"Yea, I do. That's my job and I have another one. I work from home as a writer."
"What? You're a writer?"
"No, I mean not that kinda writer. I do content writing jobs, manuscript reading and also novel typing jobs. Yes, I do write on my own also. I've completed two novels and plenty short stories and poems."
"Oh my god. That's good. Can I read your novels?"
"Um, yea. You can do, but only one. The another one is kinda intimate, you know."
"Oh that's fine."
"And how's your singing career?"
"Fine. I just took a break and came here. I'm again gonna go back and work on my second album."
"So, you're famous. I've seen your accounts."
"Not much. I don't use my real name anywhere. I have a stage name, that's Jackson Davis."
"I know.", and Ashley felt shy.
"So you,"
"Yes I did stalk you, a lot. But never got the guts to messege you. But trust me Alex, I'm so proud of you."
"Thank you. But this time I'm gonna get everyone's blessings and then work hard.", Alex felt a sudden bad feeling and lowered his face.
"Hey! Don't do it again.", Ashley comforted him.
"I did bad to everyone. I don't deserve your forgiveness Ash.", and he covered his face with his hands.
"Hey hey, calm down. Yes, you did bad. But that doesn't mean you don't deserve forgiveness. You've felt the misdeed you've done and you're sorry for what you've done. That means you deserve forgiveness. If something is broken, we can remake it in a different way. Just don't stop trying."
And these words from her mouth conforted him like water on fire. He controlled himself and looked at her.
"Thank you.", he smiled.
"Not welcome. I need ice cream."
"Aww, you're still such a baby!"
"Yes."

And then they got out, roamed around the roads, made fun of each other. Alex felt a stream of water through his veins as she laughed every time on him. Their day ended with a cheerful walk and both of them reached home with so many memories.