Chapter Eight

After few minutes, Ashley took her belongings into her bag and got up from the bench and started to walk. Alex was starting still on the ground, thinking about everything, waiting for Ashley to talk, but when she got up, he started chasing her, again.
"Where are you going?", he sounded really worried.
"Home."
"Don't go, I need to talk to you.", he pleaded.
"I never confirmed that I was gonna talk to you!", she sounded normal and rude.
"Please, just give me one chance. I won't let you down."
"You can't want something that you don't deserve."
"I know, but just give me one chance. Please. I'm begging you.", his voice was getting heavier because he knew, she was stubborn and it's so hard to convince her.
"Okay, I will. But I want one brief answer. Than I'll agree."
"Okay, ask me."
"Why did you run away like a coward without telling anyone and without any reason?"
And Alex felt like the world spinning and stopping rapidly. He didn't expect her to go there so fase, and he wasn't ready to answer this question too soon.
"What? Are you gonna answer me or I'm leaving."
"Okay, okay.", Alex sighed. "I'm telling you. Just give me a minute."
"Why, so you're gonna make up a story in your mind!"
"Oh god, why does she know everything about my mind?", Alex's mind said but his mouth said something else.
"Listen, it... it was kinda weird. I didn't know what I was thinking. I just felt a weird desire to sing in front of the world so I just got away after seeing the article of the contest.", he finally managed to say.
"I saw the article of the contest the day after you left, so", she really was able to know that he was lying.
"I just wanted to sing, okay!", Alex was embarrassed and kind of shouted.
"Hey, don't shout! The day I saw the article I called you and came to know that you were not in the house. I told you mom to tell you to call me but you never did! It's not like if you only just wanted to sing your parents would not let you go, they would love to. But you never told them. I was there for them and I saw what they were going through!", as Ashley said those words, tears started falling of her cheeks but she managed to escape, hiding her tears.
"Hey, I'm sorry. I know it wasn't right, but I don't know what I was thinking.", Alex was really really embarrassed, sad, hurt and regretting everything he did.
"Stop!", Ashley managed to stop her tears bit her voice was heavy, "I wanted one brief answer and you are no able to say it loud. So I'm not giving you a chance. You're gonna stop talking to me."
"No, I... can't. Okay, I'll not talk to you about this today."
"What do you mean by today? We're not gonna meet again!", there was disgust and surprise in her voice.
"Don't say that to me. I wanna make things right. You don't have to d anything. I just want to walk you home today."
"I don't need a bodyguard to drop me home!", and Ashley laughed. The disgust in her voice was normal.
"I know, okay, I'll not talk to you. I just wanna drop you home. Where do you live?", he sounded embarrassed and shy.
"Where I used to live.", her voice was again normal, rude, and disgusted.
Then they walked in silence to her home. Then she opened the door and walked in. Her face was like she wanted to invite Alex in but she couldn't. Alex didn't blame her for that. Even, he was glad that she talked to him.
Then they shared goodbyes even if Ashley didn't want to.

When he got home, his mother scolded him for not taking lunch. He was feeling so relieved that he didn't mind being scolded. He hugged his mum and went upstairs.
"Look, someone's in a good mood.", Samantha teased.
"Yes, he is.", Alex smiled.

He was watching his ceiling and thinking about meeting Ashley again, talking to her like before but a sudden thought broke his heart. But then he realized that he wanted her more as a friend, so he wanted his friendship back. And suddenly his phone rang.
"Hey, Alexi, did you meet her?", Ella's voice was cheerful like always.
"What's that name? You're so happy I guess.", Alex laughed. He was happy that after what he did to her, she was still a friend to him.
"Yeah. Knock it off, how was your day?", her voice was full of excitement.
"I met her and as I wished, she just bursted with anger."
"It's okay. Did she talk to you?"
"Yeah, we had a fight, I mean, she fired on me, as usual."
"You know you deserve it."
"Yeah, yeah, I know. I dropped her home and that's just it, we didn't talk much."
"Okay, it's gonna be okay, don't worry."
"Hope so. So what's up with you?", Alex was feeling dizzy, talking about that, so he changed the subject.
"I.... actually, tomorrow, we are throwing a party, and everyone is invited, our college friends, school friends, so you are also invited."
"Oh, that's good, which college friends are coming exactly?"
"Everyone you know, including Ash. But she don't know that I invited you so hopefully she is gonna come, you can also join us."
"Okay, I'll try.", Alex felt a sudden spark in his heart.
"I'll text you the adress and the time. Mom is calling me, sorry, I've to go."
"It's okay. Bye. See you tomorrow.", and the thought of the day took him to another world. He thought every possible chat with Ashley and started waiting for the next day.