d.m - sweetheart

Echoes of sobs, a puddle of tears and Y/n. Crying in the girls bathroom wasn't her first idea but thought it was the best escape from the outside world.

Never. Never, has Draco spoken to her like he did. Obvious name calling in the past and teasing but he has never yelled at her.

It was just before curfew and the librarian had just approached Y/n and Draco, informing them it was almost time for them to return to their common rooms.

"So, I still have my Astrology and Muggle Studies assignments to do for tomorrow. Care to join me same time after dinner, Draco?" Y/n asked, glancing down to her right, facing Draco who had his face on the desk.

Y/n prodded his shoulder lightly, causing him to flinch and face her.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Study tomorrow night?" She brushed a stray piece of hair from his face, "I still have two assignments left."

"Oh– Oh yeah, sure." Draco places his head back onto his forearm which was covering his textbook.

"We should probably head back to the common room. Don't want Filch catching us." She huffed.

Y/n pointed abruptly to her book, "Oh wait, Draco. Draco, what does this mean, you're tops at Astrology, surely you know this." Y/n stroked his back lightly and he looked up sleepily, eyes drooping.

"It just means a cluster of constellations, it's in Greek." Bluntly, he spoke and once again placed his head on the table.

"Ohh, ok thankyou." She yawns, "Like i'm going to be ready for the OWL for Astrology. Definitely 0% chance of an O."

"Ah, here's another. Shit. Ok um, Draco what are the three constellations–"

"Why can't i just get some fucking rest!?" He blurted, jumping up to sit up straight, "You've been jabbering on the whole damn night about your exams and we've barely talked about our day. And now i'm being forced to listen to your stupid, mocking voice, when all I fucking want is to sleep!" Draco gestured to the table, "Just shut up, Y/n! Is it that hard!?" Draco's face now red, Y/n's hands shaking, tears welling in her eyes.

Draco's face drops, as he realises what he's said, but Y/n's already packing her things and flinging her satchel over her shoulder.

"Wait... Y/n stop. I didn't mean it. Wait." He's standing, chasing her out the library, but she's already out the door. Her faint steps audible from the other side of the door. "Fuck."

Running to the bathroom was her only way out. Pacing quickly down the corridor, y/n finally reached the tall door of the girls lavatory. The stone walls inside have been covered by tall stalls and sinks. A light blue moon light shines through the stained glass.

Y/n rushes through and closes herself in the furthest stall from the entrance, crouching down and incasing herself in her own body heat. Y/n's face and eyes are already red, stained by the hot tears that roll down her cheeks, almost like a waterfall.

Why? Why would he say such a thing, does he really hate me that much that my voice annoys him!? Does he want to break up? Overthinking is quite a hobby for Y/n.

All of a sudden a large clammer sounds from the door to the bathroom.

"Y-Y/n?" Draco's voice echoes against the stone walls, and his footsteps do the same.

Y/n's loud sobs and sniffles easily lead Draco to her stall and he stops in front, his shoes visible from underneath the door.

Draco knocks lightly, "Y/n. I know you're in here, j–just let me in and we can talk. Please."

Y/n moves forward from her crouched position and reaches up to the handle of the door, flicking the lock. She instantly cradled back, burying her head between her chest and knees.

Draco approached her shaking body slowly, he's never seen her collapse, how she has, before.

"Hey," He speaks gently, "you know i didn't mean it. I know you don't believe what i said. I was just tired and stupid." He crouches to reach her eye level. "Just–" He sighs. "Just look at me, sweetheart."

Draco has never called Y/n 'sweetheart' before, but the instant effect it has on Y/n forces her to raise her chin, eyes meeting his own.

"See? I'm here now and I promise, I promise, what I said was just an outburst and nothing more."

"Y–You've never yelled at me like that. Ever." she sniffles.

"I know, and I regret everything I said. Everything. And I would never hurt you, you know that right?" His hand reaches out to cup her face, and remains eye contact as he does so. Y/n flinches oh so slightly before leaning into his hand.

Draco inches closer to her, enclosing her in a tight embrace, and wipes her tears from her face which is now buried in his chest.

"I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you, Draco."

Yeah, I really didn't like this one.
PLEASE give me ideas, I always ask and i never get any input from you. So please if you have a specific story line or any type of 'dream/perfect story' you want, PLEASE comment or message me!
Thanks and don't forget to vote! I love you!
-V