d.m - familiar strangers part 1

heyy inspo for this one was by @simp4ddraco
enjoy!

It's been four years since the war, since the day Draco, the love of my life, left me for the Death Eaters, the losing side. He didn't even come back to me after the war, and in the next week after our win, I found out I was pregnant with his child.

So now I stood in London Park with my son, Scorpius, Scorp for short though.

"Mummy! Can we play tag?" He pleaded, using his beautiful blue eyes to lure me into his trap.

"Yes, yes alright. Just don't get caught in the crowds okay." I informed standing from the bench to ruffle his wavy blonde hair.

"Yay! Okay you're it!" Scorp squealed before scuttling away through the trees.

I walked through the Autumn leaf covered grass, giving the little rascal a head start. It was quite beautiful at this time of year, the way the sun was always out, yet it would still rain occasionally. Along with the leaves, oh god weren't they beautiful.

Its almost Scorp's third birthday, another birthday without dad. Oh well, being a single mum isn't all so bad, I had a lot of support from my family, and they supplied me with a lovely apartment in central London. I said it was too generous but they insisted.

I haven't seen Draco since the war, honestly I don't know why I never contacted him. He was my sons father after all.

"I'm coming to get you!" I cooed, Beginning a slow jog in the direction Scorp went.

His little blonde head suddenly popped up in the corner of the crowd, his face lit up when he saw me.

"Ahhhh!" He squealed excitedly, before speeding into the crowd, shit.

"Scorp don't go too far!" I exclaimed, only hoping he'd heard me, and I raced after him.

3rd person view

Scorpius swerved through the crowds, and squeezed through strangers' legs into an opening. He looked behind him, still running, but suddenly knocked into someone's legs.

"Woah, you alright little guy?" He looked up to the tall man, he wore a black trench coat which noticeably contrasted against his platinum blonde hair.

"S-sorry." Scorpius stepped back nervously.

Y/n view

"Scorp! There you are, don't run off like that again–" I looked up from Scorpius, noticing the very familiar person infront of me.

"Y/n?" He asked, astonished.

"Draco, I-"

"I can't believe it's you." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean, I haven't seen you for years. And who's this?"

"I'm Scorpius!" My boy said excitedly, to which I chuckled at.

"Scorpius!?" Draco questioned me. "How- how are you related?"

"He's my son, Draco." I placed a hand on Scorps shoulder. "And if it isn't obvious enough yet, this guy here is turning 3 soon. Does that mean anything to you by chance."

"I- Y/n, how?"

"He's your son, Draco."

"That explains the hair." He chuckled nervously. "Y/n, I'm sorry."

"Draco honestly it's fine–"

"No, no it's not. I loved you and I left you, you can't forgive me for that. But I want you to know I tried to find you, but I just couldn't."

"It's ok, it's ok. At least your here now." I said. "And if you want, it's not too late to start being a dad.

"Of course, of course." Draco stepped forward, and wrapped his arms around me and Scorp.

"Is this my dad, mummy?" Scorp squeaked.

"Yes it is, darling."

"Y/n, I just want you to know, I still love you, I have for all the years we've been apart. I've never loved any one except you."

"Draco, I feel the same but maybe we can have this conversation over dinner tonight?"

"I'd love that."

please remember to vote if you enjoyed!! and thankyou all for the support <3
have a great day/evening/night

Thanks,
–V