d.m - lonely

TW: SELF-HARM, BULLYING AND MENTION OF DEPRESSIVE EPISODES

Running down the crowded corridors, I shade my face instinctively, trying to hide my tears that fell down my face excessively. Pansy Parkinson did it again, tormenting me until I cry.

For example, not only a few minutes ago, she shoved me into a wall and cursed profanities at me: "Mudblood!", "You will never be good enough! You're just a filthy, dirty Mudblood!" and finally, the one that truly hit me; "Just kill your self already!".

Yeah. Oof.

Tears drowned my eyes, but surprise and hurt spread through my shoulder as I abruptly ran into someone. Immediately looking up to them, they did the same, meeting each others eyes in unison, before we both turned again and walked off. But I couldn't ignore, when his cold, blue eyes glimmered before mine, I felt a small surge of energy. Heat flushed through my body, not a blush, not arousal, but something... different. Magic. Not my usual magic, though. Different.

Draco

Who was that? I couldn't ignore it. The magic that surpassed through me as I looked into her eyes. But that's gone now, as I lay solemnly in my four-poster bed, looking up at the fake constellations I had charmed to my bed last week.

The Cassiopeia, Lyra and Scorpius constellations are my favourites. The simplicity yet intrigue of stars has always fascinated me, that's why I do so well in Astronomy. I've never expected anything but O's in that class, and I've never disappointed myself-

"Ouch! Fuck." A sharp pain instantly hit against my upper arm, yet when pulling up my sleeve, nothing was there. Just my ivory skin gleaming in the Black Lake's light.

All of a sudden, another rush of pain cut through my arm, but feeling as though in a lower place on my arm this time. Not long after that, a river of emotion spread through me: loneliness, sadness, regret and envy flushed through my veins. My stomach dropped at the feeling.

I jumped to my feet, striding quickly into the bathroom, splashing cool water on my face. But nothing changed. The emotions, that certainly weren't mine, stayed, getting worse by the second. Stalking out of the bathroom, I grab my sweater and slip it on, and walk out of the dorm. Careful not to wake others, I creep down the stairs when noticeably, a tear falls from my lashes.

Reaching the common room, my eyes shutter close and suddenly a conscience of a completely different surrounding floods my view. It pans up until I'm facing a mirror. But it isn't me, instead the girl, that girl reflects in the mirror, showing me full view of her left arm. Blood was falling down her arm and two seperate, small cuts sat there, exactly where my arm hurt in my dorm earlier.

Opening my eyes from the trance I think, She needs my help.

Fuck. I needed to go into the girls' dormitories. But which one? Rushing up to the first dorm I find, I knock silently. When no sound replies, I open the door slowly, careful for it not to creak. All but one of the bed's curtains are closed. The other remains empty. Bingo.

I turn the corner, place my hand on the bathroom doorknob and open the door lightly.

"D-don't come in. Someone's in here." The girl whispered as I continued to push the door open.