d.m - hold me

inspo from @Sofiaaa0024
I'm probs gonna base this off how my anxiety processes etc, because when i struggle to sleep I FREAK OUT for no reason at all. anywayssss i've made you ravenclaw, SUFFER IF YOU MUST.

~*~

I tossed and turned in my dorm bed, struggling to sleep.  My room mates snored and dreamed as my mind raced with thoughts and stress. Then the thought dawned over me, what if i don't sleep at all?

My breathing instantly picked up, and my stomach knotted. The single thought sent tears rolling down my cheeks, they burned hot against my cold skin.

Trying to control my silent sobs, I tiptoed into the bathroom and crouched up next to the sink, trying to control my ragged breathing.

"I'm always here to talk if you need." I remember Draco telling me that the other, maybe– maybe I could go to him.

Drying my tears on my sweater, I opened the bathroom door and stalked out of the dorm. Silence and dread filled the empty hallways of hogwarts. Only the simple sound of my footsteps were audible throughout the moonlit corridors.

I finally reached the Slytherin dorms, and since Draco gave me the password a few weeks ago, I easily got in.

It was the same as Ravenclaw, darker and gloomier than Hufflepuff of course. Light reflected out from the lake and spread across the carpets, and almost reached the leather couches where–

"Draco?" I hissed, spotting the tall blonde who sat on the arm chair.

He instantly whipped around to face me, "Uh-um, hey Y/n. What are you doing in the Slytherin dorms so late?" Draco stood up and walked around the chair to me, "Why are you crying?"

"Couldn't sleep." I wiped more tears away, yet he grabbed my chin and forced me up to face him.

"Poor Ravenclaw baby." he taunted, dropping my chin. "If you need a cuddle, you can just ask."

"I decided to take up your offer on that talk." I followed him a round to the couches, taking a seat next to him.

"Is that so?" Draco's lip quirked up into a smirk. "Then talk."

"Don't want to."

He scoffed lightly, before kicking his shoes off and throwing them onto the couch between us, stretching out across it.

"And what are you doing up so late, Draco?" I crossed my legs, leaning my head on the side of the couch.

"Couldn't sleep either, I guess. Was reading this book here until you came in." Draco explained, nudging my knee with his foot.

"And why can't you sleep?" I asked, letting out a low sigh.

"I could ask you the same question."

"Fair."

"Well don't just sit there," Draco spoke, and tapped his chest, "Come here."

I considered for a moment, but he just sat there glancing at me non-stop.

"Oh my god." I drawled. "Only so you stop staring at me like that."

He smirked knowingly, as I crawled over his legs and laid between them. I carefully placed my head on his chest, and it fell and lifted with each breathe. Some how I noticed his breathing getting quicker when I hugged my arms around his waist.

"This ok?" I asked, at least knowing I wasn't anywhere near touching his– well, you know.

"Mhm." He sighed, and wrapped his hands around my back, then snuggled down further into the couch.

My body shuddered slightly, which Draco obviously noticed as I heard him mutter a quick warming spell.

"Thanks." I whispered, and only got a small squeeze in reply.

I matched my breathing patterns with his, and nuzzled my nose into his chest. My eyes shuttered closed and I began drifting off into sleep before I heard Draco whisper softly.

"Dream about me, my raven." My mind laughed, and indeed, I fell into a deep dream, about the one and only.

i apologise deeply for not writing for literally ages. i've been so caught up with school work and mental health and honestly i've been really into reading fantasy romances, like damn that shit good.
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 30K READS OMG WHAT
i love you

Thanks,
–V