d.m - happy new year

"A what!?"

"A date, Draco." Y/n explained. "In the muggle world, where I grew up."

"How are we supposed to get there!? And just- n-no! I've never been there, Y/n!" He stood up from his four poster bed abruptly.

"I am old enough to apparate, we both are, and I've already done my training. Also there's a first time for everything, Draco!" Y/n gestured towards the bed, telling him to take a seat. "You've taken the liberty to date a Muggle-born, so this is one of the things you'll never get to do with another person, I guess."

"What if I would visit the Muggle world against my own will." He snapped, glaring at Y/n.

"You wouldn't. We all know you wouldn't." Draco made a low 'hmph' sound and readjusted his posture to sit cross legged. "It'll be fun, Draco! I'll be there too, obviously, and if anything goes wrong - which it won't - don't you dare pull out your wand at any point. Muggles don't show any actual harm, I promise."

"Sure." He scoffed.

"In realty, we show more threat to them than they do to us." Y/n stood up from the bed and held her hand out. She'd always been excited to show Draco the wonders of the Muggle world, and today she finally had the chance. It was Christmas eve after all.

Draco stood too, wrapping his larger hand around Y/n's smaller one. He towered over her as she looked up pleadingly into his eyes.

Draco rolled his eyes before speaking quickly, "Fine. But if I get to see where you grew up, you have to visit the manor at some point."

"It's a deal." She reached up and pecked Draco just at his jaw, since she couldn't reach any higher. "Now get your coat and we'll leave."

~*~

The sharp sound of apparation stretched through the air as both Draco and Y/n arrived in one of London's dodgy alleyways. She could easily sense Draco's anxiety and took his hand in hers.

"It's gonna be fine, I promise." She gave his hand a squeeze.  Draco tensed slightly before relaxing and beginning to walk out of the alley with Y/n.

After getting instantly bombarded by skate boarding teenagers, they stepped into the main walkway. Fairy lights and assorting flowers were strung along bakeries, small businesses and furniture stores. Y/n was flushed with serotonin when she saw Draco's star-struck face. Pure joy beamed from his wide grin, the light from the stores reflected off his small strands of white hair that hung loose from under his beanie.

"Wow." He sighed and relaxed more into Y/n's arm. "I didn't know that the Muggle world could be so beautiful."

"London does usually go all out with New Years." She spoke, staring at the decorated lamp-posts, party posters and various brightly-coloured New Years signs which were scattered outside stores.

Draco gaped at the sites, before a low grumble came from his stomach, Y/n bursted in hysterical laughter.

"Is Draco hungry?" she cooed through her deep laughter.

"Shut up." He huffed and nudged Y/n lightly in the sides of her ribs. "Where do you get food around here? I can't believe they don't have house-elves."