d.m - a day out

8th year, Y/n is a Slytherin btw

"Come on, Draco! It'll only be a few hours, promise." Pansy whined, tugging at the sleeve of my school shirt.

"Yeah only a short time." Y/n pushed also, tugging on my other arm, looking up at me with pleading eyes. "Please, Draco."

With a large huff, I finally responded. "Fine." They erupted in giggles immediately, "But I have a say in what we do and where we go, okay?"

They both nodded, before running upstairs to their dorms, collecting their bags and purses and running back down to me. Y/n was dressed in dark blue jeans and her Slytherin jumper, a small beanie too. She looked adorable. Pansy, however, looked basically the opposite. Dressed in a skin-tight dress with a black turtleneck underneath, she looked lovely.

"Alright just grab onto my arm." I exclaimed, holding out my hand. "Since neither of you have even bothered to take the test for apparation."

"Oh shut up, Malfoy. Sorry that we don't turn 18 the same time you do." Y/n snapped, gripping onto my forearm tightly.

"Yeah idiot, we aren't of age yet like you are, your highness." Pansy bowed playfully, speaking with the upmost sarcasm. "Shall I go fetch your coat and boots, sir. And when I do finish my apparation test Ill certainly come running and tell you straight away–"

"Stop, Pansy. Let's just leave before we get caught." And after a few chuckles, she finally took my arm and we apparated to Diagon Alley.

~*~

The scenery was so nostalgic; Ollivanders, Gringotts and finally the newly rebuilt Borgin and Burkes.

"You good Draco?" Y/n asked softly, following my gaze over to the store.

"Yeah, just a bit strange seeing it after everything." I confessed, before turning to face Y/n and patting her head playfully. "What shop first?"

"Ooh, I know!" Pansy blurted out, taking both of our hands and pulling us down the quiet street. Due to school starting, Diagon Alley was especially quiet.

"Pansy where are you taking us?" Y/n pleaded, tugging at her own arm from Pansys grip.

"I was thinking we should go to Obscurus Books! Both of you love that store, Ill buy you a book each!" Pansy beamed, clearly proud of her own generosity.

"That's especially nice of you, Pans." spoke Y/n, a small grin crossed her face as we passed the store, Fluer and Couture. "Oh my Merlin! I remember Pansy and I got our Yule ball dresses from here!"

"Oh yeah, did you hear it's more of a lingerie store now!" Pansy informed, a small blush grew across my cheeks at the thought. "How ironic!"

We all laughed together, before stopping outside Obscurus Books, hand in hand, with me in the middle.

"Come on!" Y/n whined, pulling both of us into the shop. As soon as we entered, Y/n instantly pulled apart from us, rushing over to the Fantasy section, as I took up the Historical and Classics.

The detailing of the books were immaculate, fine gold was encrusted onto the covers and pages. Flowers and vines wrapped around the bookshelves, along with a large ladder to reach the books that sat upon the tall shelves. Suddenly, a certain book caught my eye; a blue jewel stood out from the binding, silver detailing also surrounded it in flowers.

"Y/n... Y/n come check this out." I exclaimed, reaching up to the book and pulling it out. Small footsteps were heard behind me before Y/n showed up at my side.