Chapter 40

Minerva had gone to make the pair tea whilst Bellatrix aggressively tried to brush her hair.
She remained in the towel, standing in Minerva's bedroom in front of the mirror.
Minerva enters followed by a floating tray that held their cups.

"Do you want help?" Minerva asks noticing her struggle.
"I think I'm just going to shave it off..." she laughs giving up, leaving the comb tangled in her locks. Minerva chuckles as she makes her way over to help her out, the tray heading to the table and sorting itself out.

Minerva untangles the comb then places it on the table near the tray, running her hands through the raven locks, gently untangling them individually. Bellatrix watches her in the mirror, a smile plastered on her blood coloured lips.

Minerva's eyes drift to the visible scars on the woman's back. Her hand finding its way to them, gently running along the outer line.
"Minerva, what are you doing?" Bellatrix suddenly felt uncomfortable, her scars were not something she liked to think about or remember, one of the reasons she kept them hidden.
"Admiring you." She whispers, avoiding to meet the dark eyes in the mirror.
"Well the front half is much better." Bellatrix adds with a smirk.

Minerva didn't respond, instead she placed a tender kiss on the scar near Bella's shoulder.
Bellatrix swallows.
"Minerva..."
"Tea is ready, let's drink this then I'll do your hair." Minerva smiles moving towards the waiting tea. Bellatrix watches her, a smile gracing her lips.
She accepts the tea from the older woman, bringing the delicate china to her lips.

***

Minerva certainly wasn't known as an early bird, if she could she'd spend most of her morning in bed cwtching upto the ravenette witch who was an early bird, however she'd gladly stay in bed watching Minerva sleep.
Bellatrix would do most anything if it involved Minerva.

This morning however, Bellatrix had insisted Minerva get up out of bed and get dressed, after a great amount of hesitance from the woman who really didn't feel like getting out of bed at 5 on a Saturday morning, she'd just about get up at 7  throughout the week.
Bellatrix on the other hand was like a bundle of energy, Minerva had never seen the woman so excited.

"Come on Minnie, spit spot!" Bellatrix barges into the bathroom mug of coffee in hand to see Minerva pulling her hair up into a bun.
Bellatrix glances over the woman in the 60's style navy swing dress...the one Bellatrix had pointed out to her many moons ago and said she'd look wonderful in it, the very same one Minerva turned her nose up to and said "she'd have to be dead to be seen in that."

The hem stopped just below her knee and flared out, whilst the top hugged her body snuggly, showing off her figure that she normally tries to hide. The sleeves are tight fitting that come to her elbow.

Bellatrix swallows, this was definitely not something Minerva would wear but boy did she look good.
"What is it? It looks terrible doesn't it?" Minerva inhales, frustratedly throwing her hair clips on the counter after the third try of getting her bun to sit properly.
"We're clearly looking at two different things, because, wow I underestimated how good you'd look in that dress" Bellatrix couldn't quite help her roaming eyes.
"Sexiest corpse I've ever seen." She adds.
"You go around eyeing up corpses a lot do you?" Minerva arches her brow.
"Only as often as any normal person." Bellatrix smiles, her smile growing wider as she noticed two little pink cheeks.

"I thought you didn't like it?" Bellatrix places the coffee on the bathroom counter as she came to stand behind Minerva.
"It's not that I didn't like it...I just didn't think I'd like me in it...but you seemed to think it would suit me...so here I am."
"And what do you think?"
"I don't know...it's nice but...maybe I'm a little too"
"Do not finish that sentence Minerva Mcgonagall." Bellatrix spun the woman around.

"You are gorgeous, you are sexy, you are the very definition of goddess, quite literally Minerva being a goddess and all..." Bellatrix rubs her nose against Minerva's.
"And if anyone were to tell you otherwise I'd kill them without a second thought."
"No you wouldn't." Minerva smiles wrapping her arms around Bellatrix's neck.
"Not with you stopping me I wouldn't...but otherwise I would." Red lips meet lighter ones.
"And as for you, every time you put yourself down I'll be right there building you up until you realise just how magnificent and beautiful you are." Bellatrix kisses the older woman again, smiling as she caught a glimpse of her still blushing cheeks.

Minerva smiles, leaning up on her tiptoes to plant a kiss on the woman's lips.
"Now get out so I can do my hair." She pushes the taller witch away, only to be pinned up against the bathroom sink.
Bellatrix growls, her eyes examining Minerva's face, slowly finding their way to pink lips.
She leans into Minerva who gripped the counter for balance. Her eyes closing as she took a deep breath, the taller woman was now flush against Minerva who was suddenly very awake and very aware of the other woman.
She couldn't help the shiver that washed over her body as Bellatrix nudged her head into the crook of Minerva's neck.

Bellatrix inhales, taking in The shorter witch's scent, her hand slowly making its way to Minerva's hair.
"You smell Devine, the perfume I bought you I do believe..." she slowly pulls away, though her hand still remained in dark hair.
Minerva nods,
"I figured I might as well give it a go..."
"It suits you." Before Minerva had chance to finish what she was about to say lips crashed against hers.
"Leave your hair down love" Bellatrix whispers against Minerva's lips.
"It'll get in the way..."
"And I'll be right there to tuck it behind your ear."

Minerva sighs, opening her eyes, a smile on her lips.
"Fine...you better be there though, or There'll be serious issues."
"Please Love, I have no intention on leaving your side, not even for a minute." Bellatrix grins.
"I'll be out in a minute." Minerva rolls her eyes, unwrapping her arms from the woman's neck, and turning back around to fix her hair.
Bellatrix growls, unable to help herself as she pinched the woman's behind, earning a little squeal and jump from Minerva.

"Bellatrix!" Minerva snaps, turning around and nudging the woman's shoulder.
Bellatrix chuckles,
"I couldn't help it, it was right there."
"You're unbelievable." Minerva rolls her eyes, trying to hide her smile, the woman was truly wicked.

Sorry for the long wait, I had to take a break and sort a few things out, and get myself together. I'm back now though, and will be updating as much as I can, thank you all for reading and sticking with me despite the long wait! I really appreciate it ❤️❤️