Chapter 23

Bellatrix awoke much earlier than Minerva and smiles at the woman in her arms. She truly was breathtaking. Bellatrix couldn't help but stare at her, after all these years and finally she might just get what her sister's have, what Lily and James had.
"You're so beautiful Minerva, if only you could see what I see." Bellatrix whispers gently tapping her fingers lightly against Minerva's skin. Bellatrix smiles, her husky voice whispering softly.
"You are beautiful and faded,
Like an old opera tune
Played upon a harpsichord;
Or like the sun-flooded silks
Of an eighteenth-century boudoir.
In your eyes
Smoulder the fallen roses of outlived minutes,
And the perfume of your soul
Is vague and suffusing,
With the pungence of sealed spice-jars.
Your half-tones delight me,
And I grow mad with gazing
At your blent colours." Her fingers dance lightly across the woman's back, enjoying the soft touch of the woman's skin against her finger tips.
"My vigor is a new-minted penny,
Which I cast at your feet.
Gather it up from the dust
That its sparkle may amuse you." Bellatrix adds, her eyes taking in the older woman's beauty. A poem by Amy Lowell. Bellatrix did so enjoy poetry, and often found herself reading ones that remind her of this magnificent woman.

Minerva mumbles something inaudible, earning a smile from Bellatrix. Moments like this Bellatrix is glad she's the first one awake, to see Minerva at such a vulnerable and innocent state, peaceful and relaxed. Minerva's mouth was slightly open, soft grumbles escaping her lips, and a small amount of dribble covered the pillow.
"You're so precious." Bellatrix whispers moving her head closer to Minerva's.
"You must be protected at all costs." She places a kiss on the woman's nose.
Minerva mumbles, wrinkling her nose, then nudging her head closer to the woman, in search of the warmth of her body. Her head finds its way to the crook of Bella's neck and stopped its search. Bellatrix smiles tightening her grip around the woman.
"I shall protect you from the evils of this world. As long as I live no harm will come to you, and if I die I will forever haunt and torture those who even try to cause you harm."

***

Minerva began to stir, she was warm. Warm familiar arms around her, her head cwtched in the warmth of Bellatrix's neck. She smiles softly as a soft hum filled her ears. Bellatrix was humming to her.
She moves her head slightly, so her eyes could see the woman's face.
"Good morning my sleeping beauty." Bellatrix smiles nudging her nose against Minerva's. The woman chuckles.
"Good Morning." Minerva replied, her voice
filled with tiredness.
"How did you sleep?"
"Wonderful." Came the simple response. Bellatrix was far too focused on the way Minerva's wondrous eyes fought tiredness. Without being able to stop herself, she reached out and cupped the woman's face. It was too much to see her nuzzle her flushed cheek against the palm of her hand like a cat when it rubs its head against its owner.
"And you?" Bellatrix smiles.
"Very well sweetheart." Minerva returns the smile. Her eyes closing for a moment.

"What time is it?" Minerva asks, opening her eyes, watching as Bellatrix sat up, reaching for her little pocket watch on the bedside table.
"Half nine." Bellatrix turns to look at  the woman. Minerva yawns then began to stretch, Bellatrix watching her with a grin
Minerva looks at the woman and chuckles.
"You look like the Cheshire Cat with that silly grin on your face."
"Oh do I ?"Bellatrix arches her brow before pinning the woman down, her hands held either side of her head.

Minerva gasps, her eyes flickering from Bella's lips to her eyes then to her lips, then lower.
She had just realised she now had a very good view down Bella's very short and very tight nighty, she also noticed the perfectly plump breasts that were very much exposed to her.
"Something to say dear?" Bellatrix smirks.
Minerva's cheeks turn pink as she attempts to look anywhere else.
"You are so cute." Bellatrix laughs as she captures the woman in a kiss. A mumble escapes the woman's lips, before she returned the kiss. Bellatrix smiles into the kiss before pulling away slightly. She examines the woman's face, her eyes sparkle as they meet the brown ones of Bella, and a smile graced her lips. Bellatrix couldn't quite believe it.

After years of lusting after her, years of sneaking in her room just to watch her sleep, speaking to her as she was deep in slumber, whispering poem after poem about her feelings for the witch, years of holding the woman in her arms unable to do anything but that, and now after all this time here she was kissing this masterpiece, holding and loving this wonderful woman.
Her smile grew wider as she places another soft kiss upon the woman's lips.
"What are you thinking?" Minerva asks, in a hushed voice, she could see the wheels turning in the other woman's head.
Bellatrix grins, leaning her forehead against Minerva's.
"Thoughts of you surround me.
You're the beating of my heart.
The love you give defines me.
My life is no longer dark." Bellatrix whispers ever so quietly.
Minerva smiles, her eyes meeting Bella's.
"You know, I still have the poem you wrote me in your 7th year."
Bellatrix grins " do you?"
"Of course, it was so sweet, and it was the only poem I'd ever received." Minerva's eyes meet Bella's. The woman was truly touched when a young Bellatrix wrote and gave her the poem, of course she just assumed it was a little teenage crush That would subside eventually, yet here they are.

Bellatrix smiles, she remembers the poem too.
"I don't think you will
Ever fully understand
How you've touched my life
And made me who I am.
I don't think you could ever know
Just how truly special you are,
That even on the darkest nights
You are my brightest star." Bellatrix smiles nudging her nose into the woman's ear, her voice low and husky as she spoke slowly,
Minerva closes her eyes, a soft moan escaping her lips. Bellatrix chuckles as the image of the woman's pink cheeks came to mind.

"Finish it." Bellatrix whispers placing little kisses along the woman's neck.
Minerva inhales, trying to control her body's reaction to the ravenette's tender little kisses.
"You've allowed me to experience
Something very hard to find,
Unconditional love that exists" she swallows Bellatrix really wasn't being fair.
"In my body, soul, and mind." Minerva mumbles. Bella's low chuckle sends shivers through the woman's body.
"Go on love." Bellatrix whispers.
"Bella..." Minerva opens her eyes pushing the woman back slightly, Bellatrix smirks.

"I don't think you could ever feel
All the love I have to give,
And I'm sure you'll never realize
You've been my will to live." Minerva's blue eyes locked with the brown ones of Bella's.
Bellatrix smiles, placing her lips on the woman's once more.
She pulls back slightly, though left her lips linger against Minerva's as she huskily whispers,
"You are an amazing person,
And without you I don't know where I'd be.
Having you in my life
Completes and fulfills every part of me."

Bella's hand had slipped under the sheets and began caressing the woman's thigh.
"Bellatrix." Minerva warns.
"What?" Bellatrix smiles innocently leaning down to plant a kiss on the woman's neck.
"We're, we're at your sisters." Minerva did try to push the witch away.
Bellatrix chuckles.
"Fine."
Bellatrix quickly kissed Minerva's cheek before getting up.

"Come along Minerva love." Bellatrix grins as Minerva sat up, her cheeks completely flustered, and her neck covered in little marks.
Bellatrix smiles proudly at her marks.

Minerva held her clothes in her hands as she looked at Bellatrix.
"What?" Bellatrix arches her brow.
"Turn around." Minerva folds her arms.
"You can't be serious."
"Please?"
"But, uh fine" Bellatrix mumbles folding her arms and turning around. Once Minerva was fully clothed she went to the mirror to do her hair. A gasp escaped her mouth as she sees her neck.
"Bellatrix!" Minerva turns to look at the grinning witch.
"What?"
"What's this?!" Minerva points at her neck.
"Your neck." Bellatrix smiles walking towards the woman.
Minerva arches her brow.
" oh I see you want more." The woman smirks as she grabbed Minerva's waist.
"Ah No no no. No." Minerva places her hands on the woman's shoulders pushing her back slightly, Bellatrix grins.

* the poem is called will you ever?
I unfortunately don't know the author, but I stumbled across it and found it fitting and adorable.
"I don't think you will
Ever fully understand
How you've touched my life
And made me who I am..."

Thank you so much for reading my story ❤️❤️