chapter 4

Harry awoke to find the fury feline had gone and couldn't help but wonder weather he had imagined last night or not. However the sound of his uncle stomping down the stairs stopped his thoughts and brought him back to reality.

Bella quietly entered Minerva's house hoping the older woman was not awake. The lights were off and everything was quiet making Bella sigh in relief. Bella decided she would make breakfast for herself and Minerva.

Minerva turned on her side sighing as she opens her eyes. She looks at the little clock on her bedside table to see it was nearly 10 o'clock. She stretches before getting out of bed and heads towards the bathroom.
When Minerva is finished in the bathroom she reaches for her slippers and dressing gown then exits her room.

The smell of food fills her nostrils and a peaceful hum fills her ears. A small smile appears on her face. She makes her way down the stairs and towards the kitchen, stopping by the entrance of the kitchen and leans against the door frame. She watches Bella cooking breakfast and listens to her humming. 
Her smile grew as the raven haired girl starts swaying to her own humming.

"I know you're there love." Bellatrix smiles.
"Smells delicious." Minerva said appearing beside Bellatrix who chuckles.
"You're up early...considering what time you usually get up. How did you sleep?" Bella asks glancing at the woman beside her, who's hair was slightly messy and left down, framing her pretty face.
"I slept fine thank you. Although I did get rather cold last night."
"Did you cast a heating charm?"
"Of course, I wasn't going to let myself freeze now was I." Minerva rolls her eyes although a smile was clearly seen upon her lips.
"Wouldn't have that trouble if you had a bed partner." Bellatrix smirks.

Minerva rolls her eyes.
"How did you sleep?" Minerva asks as she decides to go and make tea for the both of them, ignoring her little comment.
"Very well thank you, I was warm and toasty." Bella smiles.
" Of course you were" Minerva rolls her eyes.
The pair remained silent as they continued to do their own thing.

"That was lovely Bella, thank you." Minerva takes a sip of her tea.
"anything for you love." the younger witch smiles, collecting the empty plates and placing them in the sink.
"So what are your plans for the day?" Bella stands behind Minerva's chair.
"Nothing...why?" Minerva was about to turn around to see what Bella was upto when she felt someone playing with her hair.
"Fancy coming to diagon alley with me?" Bella asks as she runs her fingers through Minerva's long black hair, semi- aware of what that simple touch did to the older woman.

"Mhmm" Minerva replies closing her eyes and enjoying the attention.
"I'm taking that as a yes." Bella smiles as she began to braid the elder witches hair.

***

Minerva tapped furiously against her desk, this morning Minerva was to talk to Dumbldore about the matter involving Bellatrix only she couldn't for that insufferable woman Dolores will not leave him alone, and still hasn't.

Lessons had finished for the day and Bella made her way back to the transfiguration classroom after her chat to Snape.
The door was closed but she quietly opened it and slipped inside to see Minerva angrily looking through her draw.
"Everything alright love?" Bella asks approaching the angry woman.
"Yes everything is splendid!" Minerva replies slamming the draw shut.
"Looks it too" Bella leans against the desk.
"What's wrong?" She tilts her head to the side.
"Oh nothing, I'm fine just ignore my silly little out burst, I'm having a bad day" Minerva sighs looking up at Bella, instantly losing herself in those big eyes.

"You're lying." Bella said her eyes scanning the elder woman's face.
"You've been angry an awful lot lately, why? Has someone upset you ? Who is it? I'll kill them!" Bella growls the last part.
"No no, nobody needs to die Bella." Minerva arose from her seat. Bella watches the woman, something was definitely not right.
"Do you trust me Minerva?" Bella asks.
Minerva looked at the taller woman in disbelief
"Of course I trust you! Why would you even question that?!"
Bella remained silent.
"Oh come here." Minerva said pulling Bella off of the desk and into a hug.
"What's this for?" Bella asks "not that I'm complaining" Bella wraps her arms around the woman's waist as Minerva buried her head into the crook of Bella's neck earning a chuckle from the taller witch.
"Honestly, I just felt I needed it." Minerva smiles as the familiar scent of cinnamon fills the shorter witch's nostrils.
"Hmm my little teddy bear." Bellatrix whispers.