chapter 8

Bella quickly catches up with Minerva.
"That was rude" Bella folded her arms.
"We were going to be late" Minerva glances at the witch beside her.
"Yes well a simple ' come along Bella we're going to be late' Is by far better than 'I think we should go'-then abruptly get up and just abandon me"
"I did not abandon you, you just failed to move quick enough" Minerva said just as they reached the top of the stairs.
Bella mumbles something under her breath earning a small nudge from Minerva.
Bella turns to smile innocently at Minerva who arches her brow.
"I said nothing" Bella flickers her eyelashes.
"Of course you didn't" Minerva rolls her eyes smiling slightly at the witch beside her.

The first years began to crowd the bottom of the stairs, all silently looking at the women.
Harry studies both women for a moment and something about the women seemed familiar, what he didn't know, but something.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup" Minerva said, her eyes shifting to each new student. When out of nowhere a boy jumps forward nearly knocking Minerva over.
"Trevor!" The boy yells excitedly looking at his toad, but his excitement soon disappears when he notices McGonagall staring down at him "sorry" he said then backs away.
"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Bella said, she caught Harry staring at her and just before turning around she winked at the boy then walked off with Minerva.

A boy with blonde hair, gelled back out of his face approaches Harry. The boy smiles. As two bigger boys came behind him.
"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Harry remained silent.
"This is Crabbe, and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." The blonde smiles proudly but frowns when he hears the snickering of Ron "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." Draco snapped just as Minerva and Bella return.
Minerva hit the boy on his shoulder with rolled up paper causing him to spin around to see both women staring at him and both cocked their brow in unison.
Draco smiles slightly as he then retreats.

"We're ready for you now." Minerva said then both her and Bella lead everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many children as well as floating candles. And the roof appears to be the sky.

Minerva glances at Bella as they continue to walk down the great hall.
Bella smirks slightly ever so slyly nudging Minerva in the side, earning a glare from the older witch as they both turn around to look at the children.
"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." A small brown fuzzy haired girl said, and boy did the girl remind Minerva of Bella.

"All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words." Minerva spoke as Dumbledore rises from the main table.
"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch" Dumbldore signals towards a ragged old man with a cat upon his shoulder and the cats eyes were of the colour red "has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Dumbldore smiles.
Bella notices the absolute horror on Harry's face and couldn't help but chuckle, it so reminded her of James when he witnessed Lily kissing Sirius' cheek. He ignored him for the whole of two days.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."
"Hermione Granger." Minerva calls
"Oh, no. Okay, relax." Hermione mutters to herself as she goes up.
Minerva glances at Bella then the girl before placing the hat upon her head.