.8.

After two hours of me digging through the book and Savanna complaining how Cupid sucks, we decide to take a break.

"Do you know how to cook?"

I remember the last time tried to cook and almost burned the house down, so I shake my head. "Isn't there anything packaged?"

Savanna pulls a zipped bag out of the fridge and dangles it in front of me. "It's  Aman's," she informs, "so we can't eat it."

"Wow, dude. I've never seen anyone give damn about eating their sib's food."

"It's not like you're thinking," she informs. "That bastard might've licked this donuts and then kept it here. You can never trust a dog when it also happens to be your sib."

I shrug. "True that. Should we order something?"

Savanna fishes out her phone and scrolls through something. "Is Chinese okay?"

I hum. "I'll be in your room."

With that, I jog upstairs. Climbing on her bed, I lean against the wall and grab my phone.

Gray

Have you ate anything?

Sav's ordering
Have you ate?

Yea

"We got a new girl here. Veronica Caron," Brooke says as soon as she picks up my call. "She's taking your place."

"My place? I had a place?"

"God, Rou."

I gasp. "She's the cape now? My tea-"

"Bitch, no. Taking your place as in..she's  a part if us."

The realization dawns on me and a part of my heart suffocates itself.

"Cool."

And then, silence.

It has always been a thing with Brooke. Whenever she something in my and she wants to shoot it out at you, she goes from 100 to 0 for five seconds.

"Seems like you're bitter," I hear her scoff. "It wasn't our fault that you left to be some billionaire's bitch. Hope you're not as big as a disappointment on bed for Gray as you were to us."

I gulp a knot a forming in my throat.

Billionaire's bitch.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, Rou! I didn't m—

"Of all creative insults, you chose to call me a slut?" I chuckle. "I'd have been actually offended if you called me straight."

She lets out a sigh and laughs weakly. "I miss you, Rou. And Axel, too. Nica wants to meet you."

"I miss y'all the same," I sigh. "I gotta tag along here anyway, y'know."

"Hope Gray doesn't kill you before we do."

"I hope so."

Brooke laughs, and I think about how funny it is to joke about being killed by someone until there's a big possibility of it happening someday.

●●●

"Can I ask you something?"

Savanna nods as she stuffs another spoon full of manchurian in her mouth. The sauce sips outs a little, and her lips go red.