.15.

When Savanna kissed me, the first thing to go through my mind was this: beep beep beep beep.

The second thing was Gray, of course. That bastard always somehow stays in there. But I blocked her thoughts.

Third was Trish. The guilt ate me slowly. That kiss shouldn't have happened. And it did. And then Sav acted like it didn't.

That's how I ended up in Aman's room at 6 in the morning. His friends were out, and he was trying to make tea. Seeing me frantic, he forgot to turn off the stove and the tea burnt.

"Isn't Sav with Trish?"

"Not really."

For some reason, it felt safer to je with a boy who has a different eye color now than to be with the girls I'm supposed to be with.

•••

Macy looks at me weirdly. "Are you okay?"

I try to smile at her, and can't.

"Of course. Why you asking?"

"You look tired," she says. "Didn't get good sleep last night?"

I sigh, rub my hands on my face and shake my head. I hear Macy saying something, but I cut her off.

"Can you gimme the window seat this time? I'm thinking to sleep till we reach Delara."

"Sure thing."

Once we get into the bus, I choose a seat to the farthest or the column and cuddle up near the window. Putting my phone out, I ignore the calls from Gray and put some podcast on play.

I see Macy saying something to me, so I pull out my ear plugs. "I'm goimg to bring some snacks. You want anything?"

I shake my head, plug in the ear buds and hope to get some sleep. But as soon as I close my eyes, my phone vibrates. I curse when I see it's Gray.

I don't receive the call for the next three times I see Gray's name flashing on my screen. I pick it up the fourth time.

"Where the fuck were you?" She says, her voice sounding like she's gritting her teeth. "I've been trying to reach you since last night and you're picking up my call now?"

"My phone was dead."

"It wasn't."

"I left it on silent, okay?"

"You're lying."

"Look," I sigh. "I don't wanna talk right now. I haven't slept properly and if you keep talking like that, I may o on some killing spree."

"Are you even—"

"Why don't you go and mind your own fucking business, Gray?" The words come out in Italian, and my voice comes out as a hiss. "God bless my damned life that at least I'm away from you for a moment, but you still keep climbing my ass!"

For some seconds, all I hear is silence.

Gray then mutters something, either in Hindi or Persian. I then hear Yashika's voice. And then, before I could tell Gray that I didn't mean any of the shut I just blurted out, she ends the call.