♥1♥

A/N:
Names are changed from:

1. Samira to Savanna Hart

2. Aliza to Kaylee King

•••

"Do I really have to go in there?"

I lowly mutter to myself, controlling my legs from sprinting out of the place. "Kay, we've talked 'bout it earlier—" I give Grace a cold glare. "Nobody asked you."

Taking a deep breathe, I exhale sharply. "Kay," Grace whispers softly, "I'm trying to help but you're making it hard, love."

I scoff. "Y'know you're the reason behind all this darn mess, remember?" The poison in my voice surprises her a little, but she keeps her calmness on. Grace sighs and looks in front of her.

"This morning your mood was all good. What the heck happened?"

"You."

She turns to me with a cold expression. "Stop being like this, Kaylee." I clench my fist to control my anger. "Stop sending me to a new psychiatrist every two weeks."

She opens her mouth to say something, but the opening of the door in front of us cuts her off. The doorway reveals a lady with floral printed long dress, who has her hair pulled up in a bun. A smile appears on her pretty face as she sees Grace.

"Grace Halls, pleasure seeing you here." The lady greets. Grace smiles back and goes in for a hug. "Pleasure seeing you too, Laura Hart."

Laura's eyes land on me again. With a smile, she takes a step towards me. "Kaylee King, amirite?" I nod my head at her. "Yes, ma'am." With a soft laugh, she shakes her head. "Throw those formalities away, gun. Call me Laura."

I force a smile. "Noted."

This time, Laura tilts her head and looks at me the same way I generally look at kittens. Something in me tells me to tell her that I'm not that precious, but I keep quite. Maybe I'm really looking like a cat.

God damn Grace for making my eyeliner way too winged.

But an eyeliner can never be way too winged!

After sometime of giving me an expression that clearly said that this lady wanted to pet me, her blue eyes go wide. "Oh God," Laura laughs again, "stupid me. Come in, you two."

Grace steps in first and I stand there outside for a moment. Considering if I should stay here or run away like I do every time I see a roach, I decide to get in.

I exhale deeply and step into the house. A strong scent of vanilla hits my nose, making me glad of my decision of not running away. I put my sneakers off and walk further into the welcoming house. Following the sound of Grace's and Laura's voice, I get into a big room.

I look around the room. Unlike any other psychiatrist's house I've ever visited, this one is not coloured in hues of grey and black. The room I'm presently in is coloured with shades of blue and pink. On one of the walls, the painting of a tree in drawn in white and photo frames are hanged in such a way that it seems like they are hanging down the branches.

Paintings. Painters. Complicated things. Complicated people.

"Kaylee?" I feel a small tap on my arm. I look beside me to see Laura standing there with a plate full of white-browny cookies. "Grab some and take a seat, cape." A small chuckle escapes my lips at the mention of the nickname. I grab a cookie and take a seat on the nearby couch.

"Where's Sav? Out of the house or something?" Grace starts the conversation again. Laura gives a sympathetic smile and shakes her head. "She's sleeping ri—"

"Mom! I'm hungry!" We all turn our heads towards the kitchen door. Someone with a towel on their face walks in. The person rubs the towel on their face and pull it off.

I glance at the wall clock. 11:35.

The person pulls off the towel off her face and abruptly stops when we come into the view. "Long time no see, Hart." Grace grins at the person, as the girl does the same, but sleepily.

"Shouldn't I be the one telling you that, Halls?" The stranger says in a rather raspy voice.

"Fair enough," Grace shrugs, still keeping on her face the subtle grin. Suddenly, the girl's eyes land on me. She raises a brow and looks at Grace. "Your sister?" I feel a frown appear on my face at the mention of that.

Before I could say anything, Laura interrupts me. "Kaylee, this is my daughter, Sav." Laura shifts her gaze from me to Sam. "And Sav, this is Kaylee. She's new in here."

I look at Sav. Her short brown hair looks messy, her somewhat thin frame frame looks tired. I shift on eyes to take a look at her face. And she's already looking at me — right into my darn eyes.

Waitdo her eyes have a tint of yellow in them? Or they're all brown? Oh no wait they're hazel maybe —

I'm still staring at her, ain't I?

I see as she raises a brow at me, and chuckles softly. A subtle smirks plays on her lips. I tear my gaze off her face and look at the peach white marbled floor.

White. Such a fascinating color to look at.

"Great!" With a jerk, I look at Laura who just clapped her hands near my ear. My poor eardrum.

"Sav can give you a tour in the school now!" My eyes widen and I look at Sam. "Sure thing, mom." She comes and plops on the couch on which I'm sitting, still keeping her eyes on Laura.

"I just noticed," Sav starts, and turns her head towards me. "You get lost real easy," she whispers, "especially in the eyes of other people."

Guess what? I will just concentrate on the cookie right now.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A/N:

Thanks for reading!

Vote, share, comment and follow!

Peace and Rainbows ♥♥