.7.

"You need a ride home?"

I smile and shake my head at Aman's offer as we walk out of the campus. "I think Grace will come. If she doesn't, I'll steal someone's car or something." I look around to spot Savanna, but I see her no where.

"Can I ask you something, Kaylee?"

"Shoot."

"Who's Grace to you?"

My legs suddenly stop. I know who Grace is, but what is she to me? No idea.

"A friend. Or something like that. Yeah."

Maybe Aman notices my discomfort, so he keeps quiet. Without saying a goodbye, he walks towards the parking lot.

As I near to the school gate, I see Grace pull over in a white Chevrolet. So I won't be stealing anything today. Good for me.

I slide the phone in my hand into my pocket and make a run toward Grace. I see her opening the driver's door and coming out as she sees me, and my heart skips a beat. Am I dying?

As I reach her breathless, I hear her chuckle. Looking up, I see her lips just twitched a little bit in a cute way.

Is this her this-girl's-so-pathetic smirk?

"I wasn't gonna leave you here, you know?"

"I got trust issues."

Grace shakes her head, her auburn highlights shining in the sun. Her eyes look a lighter colour of brown, even though they are pitch black.

"I think Savana's calling for you."

I raise a brow and look back to see Savanna running toward us, her helmet tucked under her arms. She speeds up a little as we make eye contact, smiling slightly.

"Dude," she halts breathless, "I've been calling you from the hallway. You gone deaf?"

"But I didn't hear you call my name."

"I called 'Kaylee' seven times!"

My point exactly.

"Oh..um..okay," I clear my throat, "you needed something?" She nods her head. "The assignment, remember? Your house or mine?"

I look at Grace, and she shrugs.

"Yours maybe? My room's a mess."

Savana nods. "Sure thing. Catch you at 4." With that, she waves at Grace and runs away. As she goes further and further, I feel Grace's eyes on me. I turn to Grace and try to smile.

"English assignment. Had to pair up."

"What's the topic?"

We both get into the car and she gives me a look to fasten my seatbelt. "Uh- Greek Gods and stuff. Ours is Cupid."

She revs up the engine. I look at her to find her jaws set tight. "G-Gray?"

"Hmm."

"You okay?"

"Yeah." She's not.

My months stay with Grace has taught me how this girl is so much allergic to humans. The first time I tried to talk to her, she looked at me like I'm a cockroach with a human head. Pure disgust.

Another thing I've learned is that when the sides of her jaw twitch, she wants to boil someone in boiling oil. She's either mad at that time, or in a bad mood, or just really mad.

And here I am, alone in the car with Grace, as the sides of her jaw are telling to jump out of the running car.

Since I'm too young to die that way, I decide something else. Looking out of the window, I notice that we're in the middle of an isolated road. I gulp and look at Grace.