♥6♥

". . .Cupid, who's also known as Eros. . ."

Stifling a yawn, I tilt my head a little to look at Savanna. When my eyes land on her, the brunette doesn't acknowledge me keeps doodling something on the back of her notebook.

I shift a little bit in order to get a look at her notebook. At first, I see her doodling mosquitoes. When she finally doodles fire coming out of the mosquitoes' mouth, I realize that she's actually doodling dragons.

As if finally sensing me, Savanna stops her sulking and looks at me. She raises a brow as if asking what's up, and I just shake my head and turn towards the blabbering teacher.

". . .so pair up, guys!"

Within a second, chaos break out inside the classroom. While I look around horrified, Savanna yawns and stretches. While I gape at two girls pulling one boy by grabbing him from either sides, Savanna Hart doodles more dragons that look like mosquitoes.

"I'm pairing with you," Savanna nods more to herself rather than to me. She closes her note, folds her hands on the desk and rests her head on it. "Now, shoo."

"To where?" I ask as the dumb dummy I am, and she rolls her eyes. She once again lifts her head off the desk and shoots me such a tired took that I almost ask her if she was putting off fire in Indian Ocean all night.

"There," she nods towards the teacher's table. "Ya see that paper she's tapping on the wall? Go there, sign up our names."

I look at the brunette and then at teacher who's busy peeling off the tape from the roll but is trying in vain.

"Wait, paper? Don't they take the feeds digitally here?"

Savanna looks me as if I told her that the earth is flat and we're standing at the edge. Not knowing what I did to earn that look, I sit there dumbly staring at the girl in front of me. After some moments of staring at each other, Savanna decides to speak.

"They don't. Now go."

"But why?"

"But why what?"

"Why do I have to sign of my name with you?" I narrow my eyes at her. "Don't tell me that it's mandatory to pair up with your bench mate."

Savanna snorts. "It's not. But I'm pairing up with you because you gotta do all that geeky crap for which I'm not cut out for. I've got basketball to worry about."

"Excuse you, cause I'm not doing all that work. I don't even know how the heck to do all that!"

"Well you owe me, King. Because of how heavy you actually are, my arms are still cramping from lifting you," Savanna points an accusing finger at me. "And also, do you feel privileged to act dumb or something? What normal person wouldn't know a simple thing like how to write an assignment?"

That would be me.

"If you think you're such a smart-ass, why not do the assignment by yourself? And just so you know, a normal person may not a simple thing if never done before."

To be honest, I know how to do assignments. But writing them, not so much. Back in my school- the one in which I originally was- we never had to write 50-100 page essays. Copying and writing is no form of creativity, and Carleon doesn't allow that.

"Will you please just go?"

With a groan, I get up. It's not like I'm a hardworking goody-two-shoes myself. In fact, I'm a procrastinating snail. But to be fair, I do owe Savanna because I was there when her arm muscles started cramping and she couldn't go to basketball practise.