.18.

I get into the bathroom and lock the door.

The marbled room smells of pine trees— like Shiv smells most of the time. It has a tinge of lavender maybe.

Stripping out of my clothes, I walk toward the bathtub. Every room in Delara has these fancy ass bathtubs in which you can sit and ear and do other stuff that you shouldn't probably do when in a bathtub.

I turn on the faucet and the cold water rushes out. Dipping my finger in it, I check for the temperature and then step into it fully. I lower myself into the water, letting the cold fluid engulf my body. Ones comfy, I lean my head back and close my eyes.

•••

I wake when my phone beeps beside me on the glass table. Looking down, I realize I'm still in the bathtub. I glance at my phone to see it's already forty-five minutes since I came here. I get up, wrap a towel around myself, grab my phone and get out of the bathroom.

When I search for a change of clothes, I realize that I've left my bag in the guest lounge where everyone of the school — not Carleon — is.

"Shiv?" I call out, but no one answers. When I hear some sounds coming from the kitchen, I walk towards it.

Standing near the doorway, I see Gray doing something near the counter with her back turned to me.

"You need something?" She calls out and I flinch the her sound echos in the room.

"Uh. Yeah. Clothes."

Gray turns around to face me, and I see her holding a coffee mug. She's in a hoodie, a pastel gray colored one with her hair pulled back. I walk nearer to her and lean on the counter.

"Hey," I whisper. "Where were you?"

"Business," she shrugs and I see a small cut near her brows. I reach out my hand and trace my finger on it. "How did that happen?" She clears her throat and says the same thing again — business.

"Seriously Gray—"

My phone beeps in my hands and I bring it up to see a text from Shiv telling me that he's out somewhere.

"Nice wallpaper."

I look up at Gray, and then at my wallpaper of Sav grinning at the camera.

"It was dare," I sigh.

"That was not the response I was expecting," she shakes her head. "I thought you'd say something like, 'yeah thanks and this is the girl I kissed a couple of days ago and now we're dating."

"We're not dating!" I yell. "And how the fuck do you know that I kissed her."

"Sources."

I remember about the time when Shiv told me that Trish was talking to Gray. I don't even know what's more terrifying — Gray knowing about the kiss or Trish knowing about it.

"It was nothing," I argue. "She wanted some place to sleep and–"

"I never asked for an explanation."

"Yes but—"

My phone beeps again, and this time it's a text from Savanna. I look at Gray through my lashes, and she takes a sip of her coffee and starts walking away.