.27.

Screams. Gun shots. Chaos.

"Who's here?" Trish asks, even though she sounds like she already knows the answer.

"The Indian mafia," Savanna breathes out, and the tinted glass in front of us goes all black. "Shaurya is here. We need to—"

The black glass panel starts opening, and Riva steps into the room with a bunch of guards. If it were not for the heavily armed men, Savanna looks like she'd have skinned Riva with bare hands.

"Both of you take Ruhi. To the underground facilities," Riva orders Sav and Trish. She then nods at a guard, who walks to Trish and hands her a small object. A switchblade.

"You've drugged Kaylee," Trish says and I notice how she still doesn't use my real name. "She can't walk."

"Then fucking drag her."

Sav looks at me and sighs. She helps me up, her hands around my waist and mine around her shoulders.

"Can you walk—"

"Doesn't matter," Riva spits. "Get her to the facilities, alive. Go."

Sav and Trish look at each other and share a look. Trish comes to my side and grabs my arm. For a moment, her eyes stay on the cuffs bounding my hands behind.

"Try to keep up, Salerno."

● ● ●

After minutes of them running and me stumbling through a barely lit corridor, all of us slump down a wall all breathless.

We pant and pant until our breathes get caught in our body. Apart from gun shots, my heart thuds inside my ears.

"We can't stop here. They'll find us."

"I can't run anymore," I whisper, feeling drowsy and drained.

Trish scoffs. "Yeah, sure. As if we'd let you die here."

I retort with a humorless laugh. "Of course you won't. You'll let die when I get stuffed into some glass container and go through whatever the fuck Aman—"

I stop and look up at both of them. Trish face is streaked with swet and tears while Savanna blankly stares at nowhere.

"Look," I start ones again. "If you know a way out, get out of here."

"But you–"

"I don't think I can make it," I breathe out. "I've already lost too much blood to keep up a pace."

This time, Savanna looks at me. "Lost blood?"

"Extraction."

A pause.

"Riva wanted to make sure our DNAs matched. She said she didn't want to take a risk and waste her resources as she did with Kaylee. The real Kaylee."

Another pause. This time, Trish breaks the silence.

"Riva is also a test sub, you know. From the Delian mafia."

I nod. "She told me. Gray used me to get to her, isn't it?"

Nobody says anything as we listen for close ranged shots.

"Maybe," Sav says. "Maybe not. Billions have been used on the test subs. To build armies," she softly shrugs. "But Grace cares for you."