.20.

"Were you out all night?"

"Yeah," I smile tiredly at Shiv as the boy types something on his laptop. "You slept well last night?" He nods but doesn't look up.

My phone vibrates beside and I see a text from Savanna.

Wanna go eat somewhere??
Like not in Delara???
I'm too broke to afford that

I smile to myself and shake my head.

Are you asking me on a date, Hart?
Or are you trynna get into my pants again???

Savanna doesn't reply sooner. I turn of the phone and look at Shiv who's staring at me.

"You heard everything we talked last night, didn't you?"

I sigh. "I did."

"Is that why you left?" He puts his laptop away and stretches.

"Not really. A friend called and I thought, well."

Shiv stares at me, trying to say something but keeps quiet. I smile at him and pick a pillow to throw in his direction. "You know you can tell me anything, right? I'm not as pissy as your sibling, querido."

"It's just..." He clears his throat. "I don't want you to leave."

"I'm never leaving you, querido. Who put all that in your head."

Shiv looks at the laptop screen and then again at me.

"What about Gray? Will you never leave her, too?"

•••

I hear the door open and the sound of boots clicking on the floor. They come closer and closer and they stop. Gray's scent hits my nose as I lay on the bed, pretending to be asleep.

"You're so beautiful," I hear her say in a whisper as she places her palm on my face and rubs her thumb softly on my eye.

For a moment, nothing else happens.

Then, I feel her lips on my forehead. And then my eyes. She presses her forehead to mine, our noses touching.

But then she pulls away.

Before she leaves, I hear some words in Persian that she always says to me when she thinks I'm not listening.

•••

I get into Savanna's car as we leave Delara.

"Is this your friend's car?"

"Yup," she nods. "My car doesn't smell this flowery."

"I know. It smells like sweat."

"Hey!" Savanna protests. "That's rude. Even more rude when you tell that to your date."

I roll my eyes and laugh.

"And now you're laughing at me," she shakes her head while feigning disappointment. "Spending so much time with Aman is affecting you. He's one insensitive bitch, too."