Epilogue - 1

The auditorium is silent.

The students sit with their graduation attires on, eyes on the principal. The principal has her eyes on the piece of paper in front of her. She doesn't know how to turn a graduation ceremony into a mourning.

"As we start our ceremony and bid our students farewell to a grand future, we shall sit in silence for those who have left us," the principal announces. "As I speak of them, I hope you remember them in your prayers."

Some of the heads in the crowd nod.

"Savanna Hart."

"Aman Bagchi."

The silence of the hall is teared through with some sharp intakes of breathes, some choked sobs.

In the last row, Trish digs her nails into her palm. She feels her phone vibrate. One look at the screen and she shivers.

Tonight.

•••

In a high security building, Ruhi Salerno lies on a bed.

She can hear people moving around, talking and talking and talking. She can hear the way she's breathing through the oxygen mask.

Numb.

The cardiograph screen shows lines that rise up and fall down.

Numb.

She tries to call for Gray.

Numb.

Ruhi hears someone walking close to her, the shoes clicking on the floor.

"Is she stable?" Yashika's voice asks.

"Looks like it," another voice says. "Too much trauma."

Is Gray alright?

"We are preparing for the final rites," Yashika says, her voice shaking a bit.

Is Gray here?

"Don't be too hard on yourself," the other voice says. "It's not your fault. You know it, Yash. Please."

"She's dead," Yashika chokes out. "Gray is dead."

Ruhi finally feels something, but it's short lived. The feeling punches a hole in her heart, makes her gasp for air.

The cardiograph starts beeping, the screen shows the line go straight.

Ruhi Salerno takes one last breathe.

•••

2 weeks later,

Trish looks at the envelope in her hand with a frown.

To Trish, is what is written on the white paper. Her heart pounds against her ribs, almost breaking the bony cage and tearing her skin. It can be anything, she tells herself, but what if someone found out about—

No. She's not letting these thoughts haunt her on and on.

She gingerly removes the flap of the envelope and looks inside. Taking a deep breathe, she empties it on her bed. Two pieces of paper fall out.

She picks up the letter first.

Dear Trish,

Throw the biggest 'fuck you' to your parents for selling you out to those monsters. Get out that stinky place.

I remember you telling me how much you're into astronomy and how much you adore Rosalié Sagaz, and it took everything in me to not cry about how happy it makes me when I hear people talk like that about my mom.

I talked to her about you and she said how she would love people like that in SagazSpace.

So, here.

Love,
K̶a̶y̶l̶e̶e̶ K̶i̶n̶g̶
Ruhi Salerno

With shaking hands, Trish picks up another piece of paper. She stops breathing.

A full on scholarship to Carleon, she screams in her head, and paid internship at SagazSpace!

Trish softly puts down the acceptance letter as a sob breaks through her body.

•••

In a other building protected for kilometers far, three bodies lie on two beds. There's no breathing, no heartbeat in two of them.

Yashika looks at them and mentally adds a note to thank Trish for all her work with enough money. Enough to drown her and never make her want to breathe.

"The bodies are here," she says into her earpiece. "Specimen 1 for subject one. The other two specimens are for subject 2."

"The procedure will start shortly," a voice informs her.

Yashika nods, even though no one's watching.

In this room, she's the right hand to Gracyn Shaurya first, and a human second.

Or maybe she's not a human here.

Just like how Riva King, Savanna Hart and Aman Bagchi are not bodies. They're just specimens in the room.

Just specimens.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

A/N

OH MY GOSH HOW HAVE YOU ALL BEEN IT'S BEEN SO LONG IT'S BEEN SO LONG YOU MUST BE FIREPR—

*clears throat*

Thoughts on the chap???

Someone please remind me Trish's surname I forgot lol.

Love love lottts of lovveee