ch.twenty-nine

"eh, you're smiling again.. that's nice to see jimin." jimin looks up from his phone and saw hoseok peeking at what he's doing. he unconsciously lowers his phone and hide it away from hoseok who pouts. though it was true that hoseok is happy in seeing jimin smiling a little after of what happened to taehyung, he was bothered and jealous.

"it was nothing.." jimin lied, feeling his phone vibrated on his hands. feeling something blooms inside his chest knowing that he already replied to him. but didn't look at it right away and waited for hoseok to look away or go away.

it continues like this for a couple more weeks, jimin always seems so busy on his phone. smiling and sometimes blushing while facing his phone and typing something in it. hoseok's jealousy grew more as he watches jimin became more attached to the person he haven't even met. then one time jimin forgot his phone open while he went to the bathroom, hoseok immediately check it and saw their conversation.

it looks pretty normal, rather friendly converse than what he had thought but he knew jimin too. he knew that even if jimin hadn't noticed or been ignoring it, he knew that the latter is already catching feelings for this stranger who happened to make him forget about taehyung's misery, for a while.

hoseok made sure to saved the number and do some investigation to know the unknown person making his jimin, smile again. but it was kinda hard for him at first since they're only using codenames and still haven't really thought of giving their real names to each other.

it was after a few days when hoseok did his plan. when jimin was too busy talking to a professor and accidentally left his phone on his table that's when hoseok discreetly gets jimin's phone and hid it making sure nobody sees him.

"hey, have you seen my phone?" jimin asked when he remembered his phone after they were already at the library. hoseok feigns a concern look and shrugs.

"nope. isn't it on your bag?" he asked, peeking at his book then to jimin again.

"it wasn't." jimin answered and sighs.

"maybe you left it at the classroom?"

"i guess, i'll just check it. stay here, i'll be back." jimin stood up, the chair scraping the floor but he doesn't care as he immediately walk out of the library to look for his phone. hoseok watches him and rolls his eyes.

"you'll never find it." he whispered before taking out his phone and saw a message from the unknown guy.

'i'll be going there for a vacation.. i hope i can see you..' -jj

hoseok clicked his tongue and immediately look at their conversation, he's just lucky that jimin didn't put any password on his phone. and saw that jimin still don't know that the guy will be coming here, which is perfect for his second plan. smiling deviously at his self, he sent a quick reply telling the guy that he will meet him. then turn off the phone as he hid it on his bag.

"you want me to stay?" hoseok asked, confused. this isn't what he expected from jungkook, he thought he'll ask for more ridiculously favors but then here he is, asking him to stay for another few days.

"yes, and then after i show you the reason i want you stay, then it's up to you if you will still go or not." jungkook answered, the coffee he had ordered had already gone cold, untouched.

"it's up to you if you won't listen but i'm telling you that you'll regret not seeing him." jungkook spoke confidently, knowing that hoseok will stay.

"i'll see you again, hoseok." jungkook then stood up, passing a piece of paper towards hoseok then left without waiting for his reply.

hoseok looks down at the paper and saw a handwritten address. it sparks something in him and he doesn't like it even a bit but still his curiosity won and he takes the paper and left.

well, he doesn't want to go either so he'll just take this and stay for a while.

hoseok sat inside the cafe inside the mall owned by his father, the place where jimin and the unknown guy should be meeting, discreetly observing the new comers. throughout the days before their meeting, hoseok pretended to be jimin and occasionally replies to the guy so he could recognized him. hoseok heard the staff greets a new comer and looks at his way, hoseok scrutinized the man, and he admits he was gorgeous.

the man who came was wearing a wine colored trench coat, with black turtle neck underneath and black fitted pants, with his black dress boot. taking off his coat and putting it on the chair where his black handy bag. and sat on the chair. hoseok looks at the new message and then knew that it was the guy that had been talking with jimin. smirking to his self, he then turned off the phone again and just enjoy his food and drink while discreetly watching the man waited for someone who wouldn't come.

hoseok stayed a little more watching and basking on how the man's reaction changes to sadness and broken as the time passes by that there's no one coming for him. the realization that he had been stood, hoseok's heart felt full as he stared at the man longing gazes outside, he wanted to laugh so hard and loud at the man's face and taunt him until he cried and broke even more but stop his self and just watches from behind, he actually didn't need to because it's obvious on how hurt the man is right now.

"he deserves it though, taking my lover away from me."

hoseok took one more glance at where jungkook was sat down, and smiled bitterly at his self, "i actually couldn't believe how fate favors you so much, jeon jungkook," but his smiles slowly turn into a frown as anger and envy clouded him. he couldn't actually believed his self that he had forgot about jungkook, he had been so careless that he forgotten that he'd already met jungkook here on the very same cafe shop, a few years ago.

"who would have thought, that jimin would still picks you for the second time without really knowing that he had met you already. it's just such a waste that you won't be able to have that chance again."

driving at the address that jungkook had given him, the hate he had suppressed for the man who took his only happiness, only drown him more now that he clearly remembered it was jungkook who had catches jimin's attention even without seeing him in person.

hoseok came at his destination and saw a three storey building with a beautiful garden. hoseok roams his eyes around, confused on why would jungkook want him to go here? what does jungkook wants him to see? sighing, and irritatedly getting out his car, he stood there for a couple more minutes before deciding to go inside.

hoseok could hear some indistinct bantering and music playing in the background, he could swear that he had heard that voice before but couldn't distinguish whom it was, slowly walking towards the door, his heart started beating faster than what he wanted to, he was getting nervous all of a sudden. like there's something behind his mind that is telling him to be cautious of what is inside.

looking back at his car, all he wanted right now is just go back and drive away but he stopped his self from overthinking and just collects his self, and once he had the courage to press the doorbell, he took another breath to calm his pulsating heart and waited for someone to answer the door. he then heard puddle of feet nearing towards the door, then it brings him back when the door slowly creak.

there he was standing with a confused small smile, looking straight at the now shocked hoseok, who looks like he had seen a ghost. maybe it was really a ghost, he wished it was truly a ghost. he felt his knees shook by the revelation standing in front of him, his hands started shaking as he still couldn't believe and still wishing that this was all just a dream, that the person who is now in front of him wasn't real.

oh, how cruel fate could be towards him?

"yo-you're a—alive." mutter hoseok, who heaves deeply still staring at the man who is as confused as him.

"h—how," hoseok stutter as he clutches tightly on his pants, lips twitching and then gulp hardly as he forces a laugh, "how great to see you, again."

——————

;