ch.ten

taemin watches taehyung discreetly, he knows him. but it isn't the right time to reveal his self to him or anyone.

"taemin we're glad to meet you again, it's been awhile since we do medical mission together." namjoon spoke, still checking at his patient. taemin chuckled.

"yeah, almost a few years eh? i'm glad too that you came here you all are a big help in this small town." taemin smile sweetly at the elderly once he is done checking her up.

"yeah, if you don't mind me asking, why did you came here? you're doing great at seoul. but well if i were you i would choose this place too. it's very refreshing." namjoon said and taemin nods.

"well, i just went here last year and fell in love with the place and people and they need help you know since they're kinda far from the hospitals so i decided to make a clinic and a fortress  for those who are left behind." taemin explains, it is true that he built a clinic for the community here.

"wow, that's just great taemin! you really do remind me of someone. you have the same vision and mission." namjoon smiled remembering his classmate back in college.

taemin glance at him and smile. "who?"

namjoon looks surprised and kinda embarrassed but still he answered. "su jin, he was my classmate at med school too but then he suddenly vanished." namjoon's voice drops as he still get curious on why su jin went missing. as he can remember su jin loves their course and so eager to help other people but then just one day he went missing without a trace.

"vanished?" taemin whispered, but still enough for namjoon to hear. namjoon hums as an agreement.

the surrounding got silent and all they can hear is the distant chattering. namjoon is now busy checking another patient. while taemin is still thinking of what namjoon told him, taking a last glance at namjoon before sighing.

su jin?

taehyung giving the other foods and asking them if they need anything more. he would occasionally glance up to taemin and watches his moves, he really feel like he met him somewhere else but he can't really pinpoint it. and taemin reminds him of someone he knew. or maybe it is really the way they move.

"how old are you, jumi?" taehyung asked, jumi who is busy eating his snacks taehyung prepared.

"i'm six." jumi answered and taehyung was amazed, he was matured for his age.

"and your hyung? how old is he?" taehyung asked, smiling at jumi. jumi pouts and think for a while.

"not sure but i think he's old." jumi innocently answered and taehyung chuckled glad that there's still child like in him.

"like twenty nine?" taehyung asked and jumi smiled and answered yes.

"yes he's t-t-twenty nine." he stuttered, struggling to pronounce the numbers.

taehyung ruffles his hair and let him eat in peace. maybe taehyung is overthinking this, of course he'll be in the same age as namjoon they were batch mate but he still can't let it out of his mind. he really does remind him of su jin. and he don't know why.

"hyung is not here." jumi suddenly spoke, earning taehyung's attention. taehyung look around and saw that taemin is just near them, he looks back at jumi, confused.

"but taemin hyung is there, jumi." taehyung points out to taemin who is still busy with their patients.

"no, not taemin hyung.. but the other pretty hyung.. he isn't here." jumi innocently looked around.

"who?" taehyung let his curiosity sparks out. he just had this big feeling that he needs to know who is it.

"he is sleeping in there." jumi points out the last top floor. taehyung looks up and saw a small window but it is closed. "taemin hyung said that he got into an accident and forget his name. so i just called him pretty hyung."

taehyung still looking at the small window, wondering.

"when did he get here?" taehyung asked, still not taking his sight away from the window.

"long? i'm not that sure." he answered.

"can you describe him to me?" taehyung pursued glancing at jumi then to taemin and back to jumi.

"he has beautiful small eyes like my hyung. and ah he is pretty." jumi chuckles and slightly blushed.

taehyung coo at him and just decided to stop asking at the kid. he'll know it by his self. taehyung stood up and went towards namjoon.

"namjoon hyung, where's the bathroom, i need to pee." he asked, hoping it will work.

"oh, wait. taemin, where's the bathroom taehyung needs to use one."

"do you want me to guide you?" taemin asked.

"no it's okay, i can go on my own just tell me the directions hyung." taehyung smiled and taemin nods at him giving him instruction how to get to the bathroom.

"thanks." taehyung said and left. once he was inside he checks first if there's someone else inside and when he's sure there isn't he rushed towards the elevator, luckily it was just in the ground floor and it open immediately.

he pressed the third floor and waited for it to bring him to the floor. he anxiously waited and then it dings indicating that he have arrived. he looks sideways checking again if there  is someone else. carefully making his way out there's five room in total in this floor and he isn't sure what room is where the small window is. sighing, he checks every room but most of it was an empty bedroom and there's only two room that is left uncheck. looking around before he was about to check the room on left side footsteps echoed and his heart thumps loudly he anxiously tried opening the door but it was lock.

"mister wang?" a voice then resonates and taehyung stood frozen, that voice is so familiar to him. but the footsteps getting louder and taehyung has no other option but to run and hide. luckily to the door in front of the locked room was open, carefully closing the door. his heart still beating loudly inside his ribcage.

jimin? is it you?

taehyung would never mistaken jimin's voice to anyone. but jimin is dead? maybe it was just as the same voice as him. but why is his heart aching to see the man behind that door.

the footsteps halts and taehyung heard keys and a door being open, taehyung stayed still behind the door still carefully listening on the outside. a distant chattering was heard before the door closes again and footsteps and then nothing. taehyung breathes in and out a few times before peeking at the hallway and saw no one. and waited a few more seconds before he carefully went out he looks back at the door once more before he made his way back to the others.

why is it that door is the only one that is locked? what are you hiding taemin?

"you took so long." namjoon spoke once he was out again, luckily no one caught him.

"yeah just got a bit of business." taehyung jokes and glancing discreetly at taemin who is looking at him already, he smiles at him and thank him again before he went back to his seat and saw that jumi is just reading a story book.

"where did you go hyung?" jumi asked once he was sat down.

"just at the bathroom." taehyung answered looking back at the small window it was now open but he still can't see it clearly.

taemin glances at taehyung and saw him staring at something and looks at where he was staring, seeing that it was the room where he was.

soon taehyung. soon.