ch.thirty-two

"are you sure about this, jimin?" taemin asked, jimin looks up to him and simply nods. he actually isn't sure on why he was doing this but he still feels like he needs to correct something in his past.

"you said to me before, that someone tried to kill me at the same way your fiancé died. i still don't remember a lot from my past but--" stopping his own sentence, he looks away and just stared outside the window. "it feels like i need to face him now. you said you knew who it was, the person who had tried to kill me."

taemin nods slowly, "yes, i was there the night it happened." jimin could feel his jaw clenches and his left pointing finger slightly twitch, he still couldn't fathom that someone could do that, not just for him but also to anyone.

"here, it is his number. i used to send him your picture when you were still unconscious and still haven't recovered any of your memories back. wanting to remind him of you, and what he did," said taemin, handling jimin a phone that he uses to message hoseok and jungkook. yes, he was also the person who is giving a warning to jungkook, though he still haven't confess it to jungkook.

jimin took it back and open the phone and search for their conversation, clicking it open. he saw a lot of his pictures was sent towards hoseok without context just the photos, and the angry and confused replies of the guy, makes jimin furrows his brows.

hoseok: who the hell is this? why do you keep on sending me jimin's picture?

hoseok: fucking stop!

hoseok: i've already blocked you but somehow you still managed to send those fucking pictures to me! what the hell do you want?!

but taemin just still send a picture of him without any caption. and hoseok's replies continues to ask the sender on what he wants from him, until he stops replying and just leaving the message on read. jimin wonders why did hoseok tried to kill him, if what he heard from taemin is right, hoseok has feelings for him. so why? did he hurt him in any way? the pushes him to do that.

jimin smiles at hoseok. he actually didn't expect to meet the guy this early, but well the early this end the better for the people around him. trying to calm his self as he started having back fragments of his memories. him walking out of a house, furious and in a hurry, and then talking to someone, then got into a car accident (a: this scenes was after jin told him about what really happened to taehyung.) but suddenly he was back to a house that he assumed was his, the inside was a mess, 'had someone broke in?' he thought to his self. and then nothing else.

trying to listen to what the two are talking about, he forced his self to be indulge in their conversation, not wanting to nurse a headache by the sudden flood of memories. he glances at hoseok and stared for a while, then to taehyung, he suddenly felt the urge to protect taehyung from his own best friend, hoseok. though he still isn't sure why, he just feels like behind those smiles and kind gesture of hoseok, lies a monster.

jimin tried his best to be subtle about observing the guy which he actually did, though he can't control his own reactions and does a complete opposite of what he usually reacts to others. so calm and friendly that it actually scares him.

"are you going home already, taehyung?" hoseok suddenly asked, jimin suddenly felt like it isn't safe to leave taehyung and his twin alone with hoseok, so he did what he thinks is right.

"he would stay the night here, right taehyung?" jimin smiles sweetly, discreetly tapping taehyung's side, giving him a signal to just agree. taehyung gets flustered and confused at the sudden invitation but nods at jimin.

"ow is that so? then i'll go ahead," said hoseok and stood up, giving his innocent smile once more towards the two, "uhm, i can still visit you, right?" hoseok turns to look at jimin, and jimin could only sweetly smile and nods at him, also standing up so he could send hoseok off. taehyung stayed there and watches his ex lover and best friend walks away.

"do you know who's the father of taehyung's child?" hoseok curiously asked when they were already outside, jimin stayed silent for a couple of seconds before shrugging.

"no, we actually don't talk about it." jimin smoothly lie, his guts telling him that it was the right thing to do right now. since he needs to be careful around this guy.

"oh, glad to know." hoseok whispered that jimin didn't catch it, though he doesn't pry about it any longer and just wave his hand to watch hoseok drive off.

"do you remember him?" taehyung asked once he came back inside, jimin sat opposite towards him.

"not really, though he triggered some memories but it still vague," jimin answered, brows furrowed, before he spoke once more, "did you tell him about where i am?"

"no, i haven't really had the time to contact him and i never did since going back here," taehyung truthfully answered, jimin nods, "and honestly, taemin's secretary uhm.. warned me about meeting with hoseok alone, so i didn't."

"oh, then that's good. it's better for us, especially you to be careful and cautious around hoseok, since i still haven't fully recovered my memories, i'm still not sure if we could trust him, just make sure to never be alone with him. oh well, i'm sorry if i suddenly made you stay the night. i just don't trust hoseok to be alone with you." taehyung blush at that and just looks down. jimin sigh mentally, thinking of who could it be that told hoseok about this place.

"i should go and make dinner now, and should i send jumi to accompany you?" jimin asked.

"uhm, c-can i just h-help you? or just stay there with you?" taehyung bashfully asked and jimin find it cute.

"okay, let's go." jimin extended his right arm towards taehyung, to help him stand up. taehyung gently grabs his hand and didn't dare to meet his eyes. they went towards the kitchen hand in hand. taehyung was so happy right now, knowing that jimin still cares for him is enough.

"i've heard taehyung is staying here tonight," said taemin.

"yes. hoseok came here," said jimin and taemin almost gasp at that.

"what did he do?"

"nothing, but when i saw him i saw some memories i guess." jimin looks towards taemin and taemin nods, silently telling jimin to continue.

"i've seen a house and two other people, and then telling me something but i couldn't really hear it but i guess it is something important. then i left furious about what they said, and then i was driving away when suddenly there was a phone call--" jimin stops, and closes his eyes the memories playing inside his head once more, "oh, it was my mother and then i guess we were caught in an argument."

"anything else?" taemin asked curiously.

"and then suddenly i was back in another house, my guess was it is my own place, it was messy and that's it." jimin looks up to taemin and saw him nodding and stay silent for a while.

"that's good, that your memories are slowly getting back. maybe meeting hoseok today was a blessing in disguise, though we still needs to know who told him about your location. that could ruin our plan and even put you and taehyung and your children in great danger."

jimin shivered at the mention of his own children being in danger.

"taemin, i think i'm ready," said jimin after a while, taemin confusedly looks at him, before saying, "to meet my mother."