ch.twelve

hoseok's

i rushed to jungkook's place as soon as i heard from yoongi that he found him. what the hell did he do this time? i forced a smile when i met yoongi in the gates of their village. i let him inside my car and let him direct me the way, though i already know jungkook's or should i say, taehyung's past house. that house was bought by jimin for taehyung when they started dating. i grimaced at the thought and just push it all aside as i let yoongi to knock on jungkook's door.

"is he okay?" i asked worriedly, i'm sure this is definitely about taehyung again. it always about him for jimin but what caused this again?

"yeah, he's sleeping in my room." jungkook answered, i stared at him and somehow he kind of gives me taehyung's vibes.

i went straight to his side, sighing. i was right everything's happening again. i discreetly glance at jungkook, then to jimin. is he the new one, jimin? is jungkook the new one?

" i'm sorry about jimin, he gets handy sometimes." i faked a smile, i wanted to do something but i can't right now. " but thank you for taking care of him, jungkook."

i need to get away from here, from him.

"we'll help you hoseok." jungkook offers, yoongi nodding.

i smiled at them. "it's okay, i can take care of him. sorry, and thanks again."

but they still insist on helping and help me get jimin on the backseat of my car, thanking them once more before i drive away..

my mind can't help but to overthink about what really makes jimin go like this again. i heave a sigh then looks back at jimin muttering something.

"why can't you just let go jimin? why do you keep on hurting yourself?"  why do you keep on choosing someone else?

i stared blankly once more on the wall of my bedroom. i can't sleep because of those memories and the fact that i was never chosen by jimin even to his death. he always choose someone over me but i'm the one who stayed beside him, the one who was always there whenever he needed to let out his frustration. i was there.

i slowly look at my walk in closet and suddenly remember the ring. the ring he was supposed to give to jungkook.

"why are we here?" i asked, kind of dumbfounded and slightly excited on why are we on his favorite jewelry shop. he didn't answered me though.

"choose a ring." he suddenly spoke, making me blush is he going to buy me a ring?

"ah f-for what?" i stuttered, trying to suppress the smile trying to come out.

"i don't know what will jungkook love to have.." he nonchalantly answered not looking at me.

ah.

i bites my lower lips harshly until i tasted blood before i inwardly smirk. of course it was for him. for jungkook. i felt jealousy starting to surge inside me so i looked away glaring at nowhere.

"then why didn't you just take him here instead of me." i blurt out, can't really help but to sound annoyed.

"i wanted to surprise him." he says and telling the seller to take out their most expensive one.

of course, always the best for your lover.

"just choose what you like jimin, i'm sure that even if it is the ugliest and cheapest thing you buy for him he would definitely still like it." i said trying not to roll my eyes.

"oh this one. give me a pair."  jimin said pointing at a silver ring with black line on the middle. an engagement ring.

"wait. are you going to propose to jungkook? isn't it a little too early? and did you forget about ta-" i stop myself before i glare somewhere else. is he really that in love with that guy? who he just met for a couple of months? is he damn serious?

"not yet."

i grit through  my teeth as i stop myself from crying. having the strong will to throw the ring away but i can't as i just hold on to it tightly i can feel it dips on my skin.

"can you keep it for a while? i wanted to give it to him for his birthday. and i might misplace it if it's with me." jimin spoke giving me the small box where the ring lies. he made the other one, his ring to a pendant.

i really wanted to slash at him, and scream how selfish he is. does he really think i'll be okay keeping a significant ring for his lover? when in fact he knew i was also in love with him? how can he be so insensitive?

"okay, i'll hide it." i said under my breath, glaring at the floor. my mind screaming bad things to do to them, to make their relationship failed.

it's either you or him.

"thanks." he smiles, the smile of someone in love. and it hurts me the most because this time again it wasn't for me, the smile that i always wanted to see was for someone else. always for someone else.

i decided to wear it. i wanted to pretend that it was meant for me, that he bought it for me, that he was in love with me and wanted to be with me but it doesn't fit my ring finger, and it annoys me more. i laugh breathlessly and just hid it again and walk out of my walk in closet.

'but it doesn't matter anymore, he's dead. nobody could get him away from me.'

jimin is dead. he is dead. i tried repeating it to myself.

yes you killed me hoseok!

are you happy now?

you killed me,  your best friend and the one you love the most.

the voice started appearing again, i tried blocking it away but it was too loud that all i could do was quiver and stared at nowhere. letting my demons win again.

--

a's

jungkook looks at the place, there's a reason on why he decided to go and take place to their company. he needs connection. connection to make things easier for him to find the culprit.

his phone rings distracting him, he pulls it out and saw the unknown number again.

'you shouldn't trust those closest to you, mister jeon. you'll never know when will they bite you from behind.'

jungkook read it through his mind and looks around but he was alone inside his office. it was the second time around he gets an unusual message from someone he don't know. and somehow what that unknown contact was the reason he decided to do this.

"then is it you the one i should trust?" jungkook whispered.

jungkook was sitting at his bed and staring outside the window, it's already past lunch, yoongi isn't home. when his phone ring, he looks at it and open the message, surprising him.

a picture of jimin before he went missing.

jungkook immediately tried calling the number but it's to no avail, the unknown caller isn't answering him.

"don't try calling me, it's not the right time for me to answer. but i'm here to warn you, be careful on the people around you mister jeon."

jungkook clench his fist as he sighs. "who are those people you are talking about?!"

"be patient, you'll know it in the right time but i want you to be careful from the people around you." jungkook reads again.

who could this be?

"jimin, what should i do? there is someone suddenly telling me that these people around me shouldn't be trusted." jungkook touches the grave, he was confused but he knew deep down he was desperate to trust this unknown person. he needed something to assure him that the culprit will be found and pay for what they did to jimin.

"but i wonder, who could this be? what is his real intention?"