ch.sixteen

"miss won? what's my schedule for today?" jungkook asked through intercom. still his eyes focus on the report chart.

"you have three meetings for today, sir. at noon with the stockholders. and after three is with mister song, and last a dinner meeting with miss park." jungkook silently sighs and thank his secretary.

and hours passed by, the meetings was a success. jungkook closed a deal with mister song, owner of a textile company.

"miss won, can you bring me some water and med?" jungkook asked as they walk towards their car, heading to their last meeting.

"a-are you okay mister jeon?" she asked, getting the small medicine box on her bag

"yes, just some headache." jungkook answered, getting at the back and waited for her to give it to him. "thanks." he drank it and continue reading some files as his secretary drive them to their next venue.

jungkook looks again at the last report and saw a familiar name. ino park. jungkook stared at her name and sigh.

'so i'm meeting his mother again.' jungkook thought to his self. he had met her before but it wasn't really a good conversation.

"are you jeon jungkook?" a woman who were in the same age as jungkook's mother. showed up in front of his house.

"yes, is there anything i could help?" jungkook respectfully ask the woman, who just continue scrutinizing him.

"so you're the new one, my son took a liking." she spokes, eyes cold and blank. it really creeps jungkook out.

"ah? pardon?"

the woman looks around then to jungkook again.

"so he bought this house again, for you?" she spoke but jungkook could sense the sarcasm in her voice.

"i ah, i'm sorry but i don't understand you ma'am." jungkook answered.

"please stop pretending. i know what you are after, you're just like that trash getting after my son's wealth." she spoke, confusing jungkook even more, he doesn't know her or what she's talking about.

"stay away from jimin. you don't suit him." she spitefully talks again.

"jungkook? what's taking you so long?" jimin's voice calls him and jungkook was stood frozen in front of jimin's mother, who looks at him like he is nothing but a trash and jungkook felt so little because of her gaze.

"hey, kook?" he could hear jimin's footsteps getting nearer. "m-mom?" jimin asked, immediately pulling jungkook behind him.

"so, you found a new toy?" she sarcastically asked, still staring at jungkook.

"what the hell are you doing here, mom?" jimin asked, hold tightening around jungkook's hand.

"you could have choose another house for him and not this, not this house you bou-"

"stop it! just go away mom! and if you're here just to take him away from me, stop it already mom. he isn't leaving me, nor i will. so stop interfering with me or him ever again!"

"if this is your way of rebelling against me, again? okay, just take your time jimin. because at the end you will still obey me." she said and left. jimin fumes and let go of jungkook's hand, breathing deeply.

"ji?" jungkook calls and holds his hand, trying to calm jimin down. jimin immediately pulls him inside and then hug him once he closed the door.

"are you okay? w-what did she say?" jimin asked worriedly still hugging him.

"jimin, i'm alright." jungkook answered honestly, wrapping his arms around jimin too. this is what makes jungkook fall even more to jimin, though he only shows it when they're alone. it is enough for him to know that jimin does love him.

"what you said awhile ago... do you mean it?" jungkook shyly asked and he felt jimin got tensed.

"what is it?" jimin asked.

"t-that you won't leave me?" jungkook's heart started beating loudly and faster as he waits for jimin to answer him.

jimin sighs and pulls away and stared at jungkook. "yes, i mean it." he almost whispered. but it is enough for jungkook. enough for his heart to be at eased.

jungkook bitterly smiled as he tried not to cry.

'you're such a liar, jimin. you said you won't leave me but why aren't you here?'

they came at the restaurant, jungkook entered the vip room with his secretary. mrs park isn't there when they came so jungkook, anxiously waited for her. though his mind is constantly taking him to the times his other friends doubted jimin's feelings for him, and to the times that he gave in to them and doubted jimin too.

he knew jimin had loved him, though he really doesn't show it often but once he did he will really make you feel loved and special. and jungkook admits that throughout their relationship it feels like they'd been together for years when in facts it is just for a couple of months. jimin made him feel like they have loved each other for that long.

"mister jeon, miss park is already here." jungkook immediately stood up hearing that and saw mrs ino park walking towards them. he could see that she still look the same, the cold, yet powerful aura of hers.

"good evening, miss park." jungkook greets and was about to lead her towards her seat but she gestures for him to stop.

"stop pretending, we aren't here for you to get on my side. jimin's gone so you should stop. just get to the point then i'll think if i will let you handle the deal." she said, not even sounding interested. jungkook mentally sighs, he knew jimin's mother doesn't like him for her own son though he never knew the real reason why.

jungkook went back to his seat, embarrassed and his nerves are staring to get to him but he quickly tries to condition his self again. and started talking to her about the new proposal they have for the park empire. he was so nervous that he could already feel his hands shaking and he how his throat starting to get dry. but still tried his best to deliver the proposal clearly.

"and we are surely assuring you, miss park that we won't let you down. and will always give you our best service." jungkook ended and jimin's mother nods, still staring at the print papers they prepare.

"it's good. but not enough for me to say yes immediately." she says flatly, closing the folder and stared straight at jungkook.

jungkook was left alone in the restaurant, sighing. he shakily puts his hands to his face and sigh again. it's not a big deal for him if mrs park didn't agreed immediately but it only means that they still need to meet again.

"mister jeon? are you alright?" secretary won asked.

"yes. i'm alright." he answered and stood up. his mind clouding up in the thoughts of why jimin never liked him for jimin? if it's with the status and wealth, there's nothing she could not like. though they are not that popular here in korea but their family is well known abroad, they own a lot of properties and they even exports metals and glass products for hospitals and other buildings. so why?