THIRTEEN

SEOKJIN'S POV

This was life and death.

Not because the excruciating pain was slowly beginning to spread through every single vein of my body and neither because of the fatal power of the Mind Bond; but solely because just watching Y/N kiss another man was more than enough to effectively kill me inside.

What I felt for Y/N wasn't limited to the involuntary amorous feelings augmented by the Bond's mystical hold over me. It was something that ran much more deeper than I could ever explain.

Unlike most of the Mind Whisperers for whom the Bond clicked into place first for the mind and later for the heart, I was the complete opposite. My heart had fallen for her long before the Mind Bond between us had even begun to come alive.

Such a Bond was precious.

It was rare and unheard of for a Mind Whisperer to be bonded to the same person they had fallen in love with.

In most cases, the Bonds often formed with people you least expected them to form with, and that was also why - apart from their innate tendency to play around with humans - most of our kind never bothered to commit to anyone before they got bonded.

But I was bonded to Y/N. I was bonded to her already and despite being madly and helplessly in love with her, I wasn't about to let her treat me like a pushover anytime soon.

"This time you're in for real trouble, missy." I whispered harshly, refusing to look away from her furious eyes as she opened her mouth to retort. But I wasn't taking it.

"Not this time." Shaking my head, I proceeded to push my lips roughly against her soft ones, my grip on her chin firm. Gripping her waist, I let my hands fall to the small of her back, pulling her close and as she seemed to stop struggling, allowing me to deepen the kiss. Something snapped together inside me as the penumbra of the familiar shadows became clearer and clearer, toe-curling warmth seeped into my body and lifting the mist surrounding my head.

I shuddered, feeling dazedly hot as a breathy, lingering moan escaped Y/N's mouth, my brain immediately swamped with her immediate thoughts and apparently - much to my amusement - she needed to catch her breath but thought that it could wait lest we argued again once she pulled away.

Suppressing a smile, I placed one last firm kiss onto her mouth before pulling away and gazing down at her, doing my absolute best to keep my expressions calm, unimpressed and stoic.

"You can't just act so recklessly to spite me and then get away with it, sweetheart." I started. "I'm willing to take your resentment, your anger and your frustration...even your hatred. I'm willing to take it all." I continued, keeping my gaze fixed on hers as she looked back at me unblinkingly, mouth pulled into a straight line.

"What I'm not willing to take though is you pretending not to care for me and deliberately trying to hurt me, when both you and I know that what happened between us in the past was simply a stupid decision influenced by the rashness, lack of maturity and farsightedness on my part." I confessed, finally.

"I've made it perfectly clear time and again that I did not, in fact, intend to break it off with you permanently. I just...did not want you to lose out on a normal life. I was scared, Y/N." Voice shaking, I averted my eyes from hers, suddenly intimidated as her bright gaze seared through my body.

I knew she remembered what I'd told her. But she blamed me for singlehandedly deciding to take a break. She'd never agreed to it. I was the one who'd screwed everything up, jumped to conclusions in a moment of terrible fear and insanity, lost my prudence and disappeared without a single word.