ONE

Y/N'S POV

The most notorious heartbreaker of Anyang was at it again.

Disgusted, I rolled my eyes as I brushed past the sobbing girl in the hallway.

Had it been a different situation and a different guy, I'd almost have felt bad for the poor heartbroken girl.

But she'd stupidly meddled with none other than the biggest, narcissistic asshole on this planet.

Despite being fully aware of his reputation she'd been naive enough to cause trouble for herself by falling for Kim Seokjin-a mysteriously handsome and sinfully seductive organism who looked more like living, breathing sex on legs than he looked human.

And now she was bawling her eyes out standing in the middle of the hallway, attracting all the godforsaken attention she didn't need, simply because the most desirable and sought after guy in the city had dumped her over a text that apparently said "I'm bored. Let's break up." or something along those lines.

Shaking my head pitifully, I clutched my folders closer to my chest and started walking briskly, eager to avoid getting wrapped into the drama if I could.

Relationships were a very public matter at Anyang High and since we were all seniors and about to graduate in a couple of months, it was inevitable that stories of all the couples circulated around the school.

Hormonal teenagers-as some would term it-just could not resist the pull of attraction towards each other. It was, they said, inevitable, unavoidable and utterly all-consuming.

I shuddered at the thought as I seated myself at the near end of the classroom. The front seats were never a good option for an introvert like me. That was where all the teachers' pets sat, arguing and overriding each other, trying their very best to flatter the professors.

I sighed. I was better off sitting somewhere in the middle of the classroom, away from the annoying chatter of the students sitting up front and from the rambunctious shouts of the troublemakers in the back.

The class grew quiet as the door swung open with a subtle creaking sound and Seokjin walked in.

I rolled my eyes as almost immediately the class burst into laughter, the boys snickering amongst themselves as they gave 'thumbs up' and other gang signs to Seokjin and the girls preening silently, flicking their hair, hiking up their skirts or even making smoochy faces in the grinning idiot's direction who clearly seemed to be revelling in the glory of being the biggest chick magnet of the school.

Gross.

He had just dumped another girl after fucking around with her for less than a week and yet, here they were, looking more than ready to plunge themselves into the vortex from which escape was impossible. I grimaced and looked up instinctively, only to shrink back as I found Seokjin's dark gaze trained upon me.

Flustered, I quickly broke eye contact and looked away. Despite me hating him with all of my being, it always seemed as if it wasn't enough.

My hatred for him always seemed to take the backseat whenever I was actually face-to-face with him.

It was as if he was slowly creeping into my soul with the charcoal black eyes and smirking at the feelings of dislike he found bottled up inside.

It was as if he knew that it wouldn't take him a single minute to get under my skin and have me wrapped around his finger.

That smug knowledge always seemed to linger around him in a cold aura of self-confidence and dangerous charm and even though his face was completely straight when he looked at me, I always felt as if he was smiling.

"Your mind is fucked up, Y/N. Fucked up." I cursed to myself and closed my eyes, hiding my face in my hands.

Clearly, I had been reading way too many novels for my thoughts to take such a otherworldly direction. Seokjin certainly could not be charming enough, nor could his eyes be hypnotising enough to send my brain into a frenzy with a single glance.

He was just a fucking eighteen-year old hormonal teenager like all others! I needed to get out of my imagination and stop making him into some kind of a extraterrestrial being...

...even if his looks were anything but earthly.

Hopelessly, I let out a sigh and slumped against the desk, resting my head on top of my books.

"You look like you could use some company."
My head snapped up as I heard the voice I'd only dreamed of hearing.

Despite being the most loved boy of Anyang, Seokjin was a man of few words.

No one, not even his closest friends had ever heard him speak more than necessary and I was surprised he should honour me with his prized words.

"Certainly not yours." I didn't even bother to form a full sentence and stubbornly slammed my backpack onto the empty seat next to me, hoping he would take the hint and go find another seat.

Seokjin smirked. "Don't be difficult, sweetheart. It's just a seat." He reached to grab my backpack but stopped when I grabbed his wrist and pushed his hand away.

"Don't touch my things, you rude asshole." I bristled. "And who are you calling sweetheart?"

"You." He responded smoothly in a matter-of-fact tone and quickly pushed my bag into my lap before giving me a no nonsense look and sliding into the seat. "And I don't know about rude, but it looks like you're the one harbouring a grudge against me." He muttered, his voice raspy.

A smile quirked his lips as he threw me a quick glance. "And what? Asshole?" He chuckled. "I have heard much worse so just save your breath, sweetie."

"You save yours." I snapped, rolling my eyes for perhaps the thousandth time.

How dare he tell me to shut up?

"Why are talking so much all of a sudden? What have I done for you to bestow me with this honour?" Sarcasm dripping from every word, I finally spared him a glance.

Grave mistake.

A knowing expression flashed across his face as a small, mischievous smile played on his luscious lips.

"What happened, sweetheart? Feeling a bit starstruck, are we?"

"Don't make me laugh, Seokjin." I scoffed distracted. "Your stupid tricks won't work on me. I know exactly what kind of a guy you are. You don't fool me."

Oh, his eyes shone like the stars in a midnight sky and-

Stop, I needed to stop!

"No. You don't fool me, Y/N." He spoke my name softly and my eyelids fluttered as if I'd felt his touch on my skin.

I. Was. Officially. Doomed.