SIX

Y/N'S POV

After he promised me that he would never manipulate my thoughts again, I didn't see Jin for more than two weeks straight.

I knew he was attending school. With graduation nearing, he couldn't really afford to miss school but no matter how hard I tried to look for him, he was nowhere to be found. It was like he was deliberately avoiding a confrontation with me.

I was miserable. Not only was the guilt of unnecessarily snapping at him weighing down on my shoulders, I also knew that my reaction had been mainly fuelled by my own inability to come to terms with my feelings for him which made me feel overwhelmed.

He was inside my head all the time-a part of every little thought I had and a witness to everything that went through my mind; and I was afraid he would slowly creep into my heart as well.

But, no matter how stupid it might be, I did not want to stay away from him any longer.

The way he was consciously avoiding me felt like a cruel punishment after having him hover around my head all day.

I couldn't hear even a single whisper of his anymore. It was like he had backed away from my life completely and withdrawn himself into a shell where I could not hear him at all.

"Jin-" I moved towards him as soon as I saw him stalking into the school hallway but he completely ignored me and walked past me, not even bothering to spare me a glance.

How dare he?

I had waited for an hour in the chilly morning air, waiting for him to arrive!

And boy, did he look absolutely gorgeous?

If it wasn't for him brushing me off like I didn't exist, I'd have been drooling by now.

He had put up his hair in a totally different style today. It was carefully swept away from his face and only a few perfectly gelled dark strands fell onto his forehead, highlighting the sharp planes of his face.

Even his clothes were different today-sharper, more structured and crisp.

"Are you ignoring me now?" I called to his back, stomping after him moodily as Jin made no effort to stop and let me catch up with him.

Someone snickered and I glared at the culprits-a group of the so called popular girls of our school who shamelessly coveted Jin as their personal property despite he not giving them any right to do so.

"He's bored of you, Y/N." Someone catcalled. "Don't be so desperate."

Rolling my eyes, I clenched my fists and paid no attention to their hurtful words, breaking into a run to catch up with Jin who had by then reached the end of the hallway.

Why the hell did he have to have such long legs? I was never going to make it in time with my midget-sized legs.

"Yah, pretty boy!" I yelled, recklessly acting upon the very first idea that struck my brain.

"Where do you think you're running off to after messing up with my mind like that?" I screamed, clutching my sides as I chased after him.

I smirked as I saw Jin come to a standstill. "I still hear you, you know, you dishonest little-"

I was pushed backwards before I could even complete cursing him.

"Shut the fuck up!" He gritted his teeth, slapping his hand onto my mouth as he backed me into one of the empty hallways. "Stop spouting bullshit. There's no way you could be hearing me now. It's impossible!"

"No!" I wrestled his hand off my lips and did my best to not quiver under his intimidating gaze.

He didn't look like a boyish eighteen year old boy anymore. His eyes shone with anger and disbelief and his skin seemed to have a weak golden glow to it as he pushed himself onto me.
"It's not impossible. I am still hearing you very clearly." I lied in a heartbeat.

Anything to have him look at me so intently again.

"Do not fuck with me, Y/N." Jin muttered threateningly, his voice low. "I might not be able to completely read your mind but I know when you're bluffing."

He pressed his middle and ring finger to my temple in a surprisingly gentle gesture before glancing at me, his mouth drawn in a straight line. "I-I've been trying so hard-" He muttered quietly, almost to himself and I gulped as his voice cracked.

Was he in pain?

"Anyway, I'll do better." Jin pulled away abruptly, sounding extremely weak all of a sudden. "I don't know why you're lying...but, if you still hear me, it must be something I'm doing wrong..."

I frowned. What was he doing wrong?

"I'm not lying, Jin!" I began vehemently but a piercing pain shot through my head, forcing me to drag out the rest of my words as I clutched my head, trying to focus on the sudden intrusion of a very familiar voice.

How can I still be in her head?

Shocked, my eyes shot up to Jin who was now swaying on his feet. He looked frustrated beyond words as he ran a hand through his hair, dishevelling the hairstyle in seconds.

I can't do this. I can't do this. It's too hard.

His voice cracked pathetically at the end of his sentence as I felt a familiar sense of warm familiarity flood through my veins, making all of my nerve endings tingle. I could hear him again!

Had his frustration caused his carefully maintained control to slip and he'd found his way into my brain again?

"What's too hard, Jin?" I bit my lip, still clutching my head. I felt hot and lightheaded, like a bright passage had been thrown open inside my brain, letting all the soft whispering sounds drift inside as they swirled and coiled themselves around me.

She's the one I'm connected to.

I am stupid, trying to stay away. It's like defying nature.

He was connected to me?

I bit my lip. What was that supposed to mean?

"Jin!" I stepped forward, standing on my tiptoes to reach for his shoulders. Wrapping my hands around his shoulders, I shook him, trying to draw his attention towards me. "Stop whispering, goddammit! Speak instead!" I exclaimed as the voice in my head grew louder-more conflicted, more desperate.

And when they didn't die down, I did the first thing that came to my mind and wrapping my fingers around the silk collar of his shirt, pulled him down to smash my lips against his.

This isn't possible-oh fu-

And then there was complete silence.