FIVE

Y/N'S POV

If I were you, I'd take every possible opportunity to get cozy with me.

I let out a frustrated sigh and slammed my book shut before turning around to glare at Seokjin who was sitting right next to me, looking completely engrossed in his notes.

"Will you shut up?" I gritted my teeth, trying my best not to draw the attention of the other students sitting close by. Two weeks, and my mind had constantly been swarmed by his words floating around my head all day and all night.

It was like he never shut up and it overwhelmed me.

It was the last class of the day and I didn't want to create a disturbance for everyone simply because one stupid Mind Whisperer didn't know how to keep it in his pants.

"What, Y/N sweetheart?" Jin grinned slowly. "What's gotten you so heated up?"

"How can I stop this?" I muttered, completely serious.

"I don't want to hear you whispering to me anymore and since you won't stop on your own, I want you to tell me how I can make it stop." I finished in one breath, my voice full of anger.

"You can't." He smirked. "Why be so hostile about something you can't change?"

"Because I'm fvcking pissed?" I hissed back furiously. "Look, Jin. I—" Thinking hard, I paused and straightened, locking eyes with him.

I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He'd told me his secret after all.

But it was best to come straight to the point about what I felt about this whole situation.

I didn't want to give him any opportunity to mould my words in his interest by beating around the bush.

So I continued. "Look, I don't know what ridiculous misconception you're living with but no one would to hear your thoughts twenty-four seven. It's exhausting!" I exclaimed. "You understand that right?"

Jin blinked. His expression morphed from being playful to one almost of guilt.

"Yeah, I do." He sounded almost dejected and without any warning, I felt my heart plummet inside my chest.

I hadn't meant to be that harsh and I didn't want to hurt him or take him by surprise but I'd failed.

Seokjin opened his mouth to speak but then shut it again, licking his lips as if contemplating his words.

Finally, he spoke. "I didn't know I was that much of a bother. I apologise."

And although I was annoyed, still, it hurt.
He seemed somber and calm even in this awkward situation, and that unnerved me. More than I would have liked.

"I guess you weren't the one either." He looked at me and whispered so slowly that I would almost have missed the despondent tone had it not gotten so quiet all of a sudden. But Jin's stony expression was unmoving. He had never looked so serious before.

I frowned. Was he playing with my mind again?

I looked around and heard all the students talking amongst themselves clearly.

The classroom hadn't changed either and I was seated at the same place I was sitting before.

Nothing seemed out of the place and my mind was completely clear of any lingering shadowy whispers. I couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary as I glanced back at Jin again.

He looked...frazzled, as if all his energy had been drained out of him.

"You don't have to make it stop, Y/N." He smiled, but his smile just didn't have the same playfulness anymore. "I'll keep my distance from you. You won't hear me once the bond weakens and is destroyed."

I am hurt.

I will not seek you out again.

I am hurt.

My breath stuck in my throat as his voice faded away until all I could hear was the familiar buzz of the conversation around me. Totally out of sorts, I blinked to find Jin shuffling out of the seat next to me.

"It was nice knowing you, Y/N." He nodded, gathering his belongings. "I hope you won't approach me again though." He continued, his tone growing extremely distant by the second.

"I don't want others to think I have some sort of an attachment to you when I absolutely don't...ruins my chances to get laid."

And with that vicious end to his cold words, Kim Seokjin signed off and was already walking out of the classroom before I could stop him and yell that I didn't mean a word I said.

That I didn't mean to hurt him.

That I didn't really want him to stop.

SEOKJIN'S POV

I tossed and turned in my bed, lying wide awake in the dark room while the clock struck twelve.

I had never felt this lonely in years.

The scent of the girl who's just left still lingered in the air making me feel nauseous.

Sitting up, I pushed open the window near my bed and let the cold, night air flow into the room.

Millions of unsaid words, unstrung into sentences, sat jumbled together in a messy heap inside my head and my body felt completely drained of all its energy.

Even when I tried luring other people towards me, or tried to get into someone else's head, it was of no use because I didn't really want to.

Not when I had already experienced what it felt to be connected.

And I still was.

The Mind Bond had already clicked into place with Y/N and now, there was no way to break it apart.

It was not in my hands to make her stop hearing the things that she heard.

If I was destined to be a Mind Whisperer, if I was destined to have this power, so was she. Only she was cursed to forever hear me inside her brain and be aware of it, whether she wanted to or not.

The only thing I could do, now that Y/N had decided not to accept her destiny, was to accept mine and stop sliding into her conscious.

I clutched my chest as a bolt of shuddering electricity crossed my head, leaving my feet cold and my brow sweaty.

The bond was still very much in place and it would always be in place...until the day Y/N miraculously decided to come around or until the day I slowly withered away from losing all of my energy.

Technically, I could still live on. I bit back a curse as the bond twisted, making me grip my head tightly. Even while being connected, I could very easily continue to exercise my powers to manipulate other people's minds and live off their life energies but what was the use of that?

I didn't have the desire to force others to submit to my will anymore. As fun as it was, playing with stranger's minds did not sound all that appealing to me now and all I wanted to do was to try my best to not make Y/N feel that I was still very much capable of manipulating her thoughts.

But I wasn't going to do that anymore...because the powers I'd been born with, I wasn't going to let them become a curse to her life