ELEVEN

╔═══════════════╗
FIVE YEARS LATER
╚═══════════════╝

Y/N'S POV

"I heard the owner of this club is a total looker and just from his back he looks like he'd totally live up to this remark." I heard one of the women sitting at the bar shout over the loud, EDM, lo-fi music as the other women in her group turned in the direction she was pointing and giggled amongst themselves.

"Dressed like that he might as well have walked out of a GQ cover! His style is top fucking notch." The blonde bombshell dressed in a beautiful black bodycon dress who was sitting beside the initial speaker, propped one of her slender legs over the other and threw another intent look behind me, her eyes glimmering with interest. "Handsome rich hunks with great style are right up my alley." She smirked before proceeding to down a couple of shots

"I think I actually remember seeing him on the cover of some popular magazine." The first girl mused. "I think his name was Kim...Seokjin." She slurred drunkenly, a dreamy smile on her face. "A perfect name for a perfect man."

I froze.

Kim Seokjin.

Five years and I still hadn't forgotten the name.

I hadn't heard it since the day he asked me to take a break and yet, it had always stayed in the back of my mind—lurking in the dark slivers of my brain like one of his annoyingly persistent shadows that continuously whispered to me, reminding me again and again that even though I had moved on from that eighteenth year of my life, I still hadn't left behind the hurt that he had embedded in my heart...permanently.

Although he had pushed me away on the pretext of letting me live a normal life, it had sounded like he himself wasn't sure of the relationship, of me.

Without even waiting for an explanation, without knowing what my true feelings were, without asking what it was that I wanted...he had disappeared just like that, never to be found again. And today, when I was finally living the normal life I had so desperately chased in order to forget about his existence, he'd made an appearance again.

I didn't dare to turn around and look at him. It had been so long...I didn't even know if I would be able to recognise him.

I was pretty sure he had never told me anything about Mind Whisperers being able to change their appearances and even if he really looked the exact same way that he used to before, I wasn't confident that I wouldn't melt into a puddle of goo right here.

"Eun Ha, we need to go." I shook my best friend's shoulder urgently while she continued to drool all over her arm, drunk out of her mind.

I glanced despairingly at the empty shot glasses littered all over our table and pulled myself up from my seat, my movements strangely disoriented.

Quickly paying our tab, I proceeded to slip an arm around her waist, hauling my best friend up and dragging her out towards the exit of the suddenly murky club.

The music faded out gradually as Eun Ha and I somehow managed to make it to the bottom of the staircase leading to the exit, my heavy breaths becoming audible.

Yes, I was terribly out of shape and that was another reason I wanted to escape this god forbidden place as soon as possible. I was no longer the stick thin, flat-chested teenager I used to be.

Despite everything I'd tried to stay skinny and conform to the average beauty standards, I'd ended up with a figure that didn't exactly help me avoid unwanted attention.

"Oh no." I panicked, looking down at Eun Ha who looked extremely sick. Her skin was pale and her hands were clammy around my bare shoulders. "No no no no, please don't puke. Please don't throw up here for God's sake." I chanted, my voice growing sore.