SIXTEEN

Y/N'S POV

Y/N'S POV

Walking inside Jin's house was like walking from a gold speckled twilight to a wondrous moonlit night of the starfall.

Vast sprawling expanses of dark ebony floors greeted my eyes as soon as I set foot into the living room, the grey and black vinyl walls balancing out the midnight blue light that poured in from the glass wall running from the high vaulted ceiling down to the floor.

Facing the glass wall was a magnificent sitting area, furnished with lavish faux fur carpets, extravagant sofas and opulent glass tables. Ornate mercury grey lamps and other fancy light fixtures lit up the whole place with a mellow silver blue glow.

"That is so beautiful," I breathed awestruck as my gaze came to a standstill on sparkly blue streams of water falling down from the ceiling right beside the sofas. The water seemed to fall in continuous parallel streamlets, making it look like a series of silver strings that trickled, frothed and upon catching light, shone like crystals.

It took me a moment to realise that the water wasn't actually coming from the ceiling but from the mini showers streamlined inside the decorative glass wall that in fact, separated the living room and the kitchen.

I turned to Jin who was now casually perched against one of the bar stools, his arms crossed. Pretending not to notice his intense gaze, I pointed towards the 'wall of starlight' yep, that's what I was going to call it from now on.

"Would it be too rude of me to ask you to take a picture of me there?"

Jin closed his eyes, softly laughing. "Not at all," He shook his head before pulling out his phone. "You might want to change into some pajamas before you pose though." He smirked, locking eyes with me briefly.

"You're taking all the spotlight away from my beautiful wall."

Was that a compliment or an insult?

Knowing Jin, he couldn't possibly be complimenting me so I simply crossed my arms and stared back at him. "Just take a photo, Jin."

"But the dress, Y/N-"

I cut him off mid-sentence, rolling my eyes impatiently. "Look, are you going to take a picture or not?"

Fine, I knew I wasn't the best looking girl out there and was certainly no match for either Jin's or this place's beauty but come on!

Just because he was bonded to me didn't mean he could take a joke too far and roast me in my face.

I'm not roasting you, darling. Jin responded through the bond and I could feel him roll his eyes.

"Like I said, the wall is beautiful," He nodded while letting his gaze slowly trail over my figure. "But you are simply...divine." He licked his lips.

"So yes, I don't want you taking all the spotlight." He re-emphasised but even though his expressions were well-composed, his thoughts gave him away.

His shadows rumbled darkly in the back of my mind, grumbling in sullen displeasure as I tried to tap into his thoughts; but the bond was extremely strong. There was no way he could stop me from hearing him, no matter how hard he tried to shut off his brain.