FOURTEEN

Y/N'S POV

"I'll drop you home." Jin offered as soon as we exited the club. "Taking a taxi wouldn't be safe at this hour, I'm afraid."

My eyes widened as I was almost instantly reminded of something. I quickly pulled out my phone to take a look at the time, only to discover that my phone had run out of battery long ago.

I hadn't even realised when I had lost all track of time and if my guess was right, my dormitory had probably been closed for at least a good four hours by now. Fvck!

Acting on an instinct, I shoved my phone back into my pocket and quickly reached out for Jin's arm, eager to prove my suspicion correct. I needed to know where I stood in order to plan ahead.

"I'm sorry but please let me borrow your wrist for a second." I mumbled distractedly, squinting at the Rolex sitting on his wrist.

My thoughts were a jumbled mess from Jin poking all around my brain earlier and I was having trouble focusing. Indeed, all I could think about was how soft...and warm his hand felt in mine; the steady thrum of his pulse sending small electric currents coursing across my fingertips where my skin met his and the almost inaudible ticking sound of the watch, moving in perfect sync with my rapidly quickening heartbeat.

3 AM.

I cursed under my breath. There was no way I was going to be able to get back to my room so early in the morning.

"Is there a problem?" Jin's voice contained barely concealed amusement and I quickly let go of his wrist, giving him a condemnatory look.

Why ask when he was already reading my thoughts like the sneaky bastard he was?

"Actually, no." I flashed him a confident smile. "It would be terrific if you dropped me in front of my place." And I'll be heading to the nearest sauna from there.

Jin let out a sharp laugh, shaking his head as a sleek black Lamborghini rolled along the curb, stopping right in front of us. Silently, I watched an uniformed chauffeur step out to hold the door open for Jin and immediately blinked up at the two expectant pairs of eyes blinking back at me, waiting.

"What—" I began, confused. The chauffeur had opened the door for me?

"Just get in, Y/N." Jin motioned towards the empty backseat with a subtle nod of his head, a small indulgent smile playing on his lips.

"Right." I nodded stiffly, slightly embarrassed at how long it had actually taken me to respond and quickly walked forward, feeling a sudden kick of warmth in my gut when Jin placed his palm against the car's roof.

"Watch your head." He instructed softly, waiting for me to get in before walking to the other side as I sat inside in complete silence, listening to my heart beat at an impossibly unnatural pace.

No one had ever looked out for me to this extent before. What was so special about that small gesture? I didn't know. I had seen it in k-dramas all the time but maybe never having experienced it for myself before, heightened the actual experience.

I let out a breath I didn't realise I'd been holding and leaned back against the luxurious leather as Jin got in beside me, instructing the chauffeur to start driving.

"But you don't know where to go." I muttered, turning to him with a frown. "Or...do you? Don't tell me—"

"No, I don't." Jin shook his head. "And I don't need to unless you tell me yourself." Reaching for my hand, he grasped it in his, leaning closer as if to whisper. "Stop accusing me of ridiculous things, Y/N. I'm your boyfriend, not your stalker."