FIFTEEN

⬆️ SEOKJIN'S PENTHOUSE ⬆️

Y/N'S POV

There were lights everywhere; the city of Seoul shining ever-so-brightly in the late hours of the night as our car whizzed past endless clusters of high, glittering skyscrapers, the splendid view rendering me speechless.

Pushing my eyes wide open, I pressed my face closer to the rolled up window trying to absorb the most of the exquisite nightscape as a sound of amazement left my lips.

I had never been to this part of Gangnam before. And I could imagine why.

It was undeniably the most posh area of the city, which I assumed also housed some of the wealthiest and minted people in the country. I let out a deep sigh. Even though thousands of lights blinked down at me like luminescent fireflies, I knew very well that actually trying to buy a decent living space here would cost me the earnings of a whole lifetime.

Having a filthy rich, extraordinarily handsome, supernaturally seductive, mind whispering boyfriend was great and all, but leeching off of him was the last thing I wanted to do.

What if he thought I was a gold digger?

I sighed again. If only I could make it big enough to be able to settle here on my own someday.

A low sound of someone awkwardly clearing their throat, made me look away from the blinding city lights for a moment as I turned my attention towards Jin who was looking ahead with a straight, unreadable expression.

"We are here." He said simply, glancing at me for a short, tense moment as we drove into the parking of the largest building in the area.

Did he hear me?

Mortified at the aspect, I nodded stiffly and waited for Jin to get out of the car before letting out a soft scream of frustration engulfed in the quiet darkness of the vehicle. Why did I always have to overthink things?

I'd unknowingly nearly given a full account of my less than modest financial status to him. How fvcking embarrassing!

Shaking my head, I managed to take in a deep breath just as Jin held the door open for me, waiting patiently as his dark gaze pierced through my guilty conscience. My heart seemed to be at a battle with my brain as I couldn't decide whether to look at him or continue avoiding his eyes like I had throughout the drive.

Fvck it. I thought. Looking at him wasn't going to kill me, was it? It wasn't like I had something to be afraid or ashamed of either.