EIGHT

SEOKJIN'S POV

What had I done now?

I stared at the door as it slammed behind Y/N.

Why was she trembling like that?

Running my hand through my hair, I stepped out of the classroom and made my way towards the next class.

"Why did you run away? Do you regret the kiss?" I wanted to yell when I saw Y/N two hours later.

She was sitting in her usual seat, looking completely frazzled as she avoided eye contact.

Feeling reckless, I stubbornly walked up to her desk and gestured to the guy sitting next to her to vacate the spot. "Scoot." My eyes narrowed at her seatmate as Y/N visibly flinched and moved farther away from the boy, even though it wasn't her I was talking to.

The poor boy looked shaken up and nodded robotically before scrambling to collect his things. Within a minute, he was scurrying off to find himself another seat without even glancing back.

Y/N's chest puffed up as if she wanted to yell at me too but then deflated as she held up her chin high, her eyes shining with anger. "You manipulated him, didn't you?" She accused.

"He said he had wanted to sit with me for a long time and finally gathered courage to do so today. You had no right to make him leave like that!" She exclaimed incredulously, totally unaware of the raging amount of jealousy I felt.

I rolled my eyes. "And you had no right to leave like that after we shared a kiss that hot!" I whispered under my breath, throwing an equally angry glance in her direction. "It was you who initiated the kiss. I could read your mind. You wanted to do it! So desperately! Why did you run off like a coward later? Is this a game to you, Y/N?"

I whispered harshly, my throat bobbing as guilt and...fear flickered in her eyes. I didn't get too much time to dwell on it before she looked away, swallowing hard.

"This is neither the time, nor the place to discuss such intimate things, Jin." She breathed, her knuckles turning white as she gripped the pen tightly to keep her hands from shaking.

She was anxious. I could read her like a fucking book at times like these and it was laughable how she thought she could get away with lying about her feelings to me.

Not in this life, sweetie.

"Do I look like I care, Y/N?" I frowned. "You can probably hear me exploding with anger and frustration inside your mind right now but won't say a word! Why is that?" I whispered.

"Are you the only one that's important in this bond? You act however you want, pestering me one moment and acting however the hell you want without giving a fuck about the consequences because you can't bear to imagine that I've really let you go and then acting like a selfish and stuck-up spoilt child who doesn't know how to deal with the aftermath of the situation once they're done carrying out their reckless, poorly thought out plans!" I practically snapped as Y/N kept on staring at me, tears brimming in her wide doe-like eyes.

"You might think this Mind Whispering thing is a joke, that you can make it stop with a fucking kiss and then run away from the consequences but that's not how it works! I'm as helpless as you are when it comes to this and I do not deserve to be treated like this when I'm trying to do my best to be accommodating. All of this hot and cold is getting to be too much and I cannot handle it!"

Y/N'S POV

"I'm not being hot and cold!" I remarked, my lips trembling. My eyes flicked up as Seokjin snapped his fingers all of a sudden, the sound vibrating through me like a electric shock.

We were garnering too much attention and it was not safe to keep talking anymore unless we wanted to create unnecessary drama. I didn't want hordes of Jin's pretty fangirls thirsting for my blood.

Right, just think out loud. It's great knowing that I'm not the only one suffering through this.

My head snapped back to Jin to find him glaring at the board deliberately.

Stop gawking, Y/N...and think. Jin reiterated.

I swallowed and moodily dragged my attention back to my notebook.

I wasn't being a coward when I ran away from him, I thought deeply offended by his words. It was his reputation that made me fear for my own heart.

I couldn't understand this bond thing as much he couldn't understand why I was acting like this and honestly, it was better like this.

What use would it be for me to confess to him about how heartbroken I'd have felt had he not kissed back as hungrily as he did?

I would only be exposing myself to him and the last thing I wanted was for someone as powerful as him to find another one of my vulnerabilities.

Hmm, noble words.

I didn't think of you as someone this insecure, Y/N.

Jin's voice seemed a lot more cheerful and his mood considerably lighter as he continued pouring his thoughts into my head.

I rolled my eyes outwardly. He had such a narcissistic personality, making everything about himself. Sure, he had perhaps suffered a little-

A lot. He cut me off.

A little-I thought stubbornly as they phantom shadows rumbled darkly, but he did have this tendency to never think of why I acted the way I did and just come up to me raging and bristling, throwing all of the blame onto me!

Did he think I was a fool? That I wouldn't know about the ways he treated girls?

Why would I be willing to be involved with him?

Because we are connected. The shadows rumbled again. And I could never treat you the way I treated other girls.

I scoffed inwardly. Says the player.

I'm willing to tell you all about my past and all that I did with the girls before you. They meant nothing to me.

Jin's voice was smug and I didn't know whether to be disgusted or to be unnerved by the truthfulness in his words.

But I'd rather die than know of all the dirty things he did with those pretty, perfect-bodied girls.

And I'm wondering what those might be.

I repressed the urge to throttle him and pretended to focus on my notes instead, pushing in the tip of the pen so hard that it snapped.

No matter how young or innocent he looked, there was no denying Jin's heavenly looks and the number of beautiful girls they'd have led into his bed.

Whatever could a sloppy first kiss by an inexperienced, moody teenager mean to him?

He'd been with all kinds of girls, hourglass, apple and what not shaped! Why in the name of lord would he be attracted to a flat-chested, plain-faced and-

I'd kiss you out of your senses right here, right now if I could! Stop being ridiculous! What do you even mean by flat-chested and plain-faced? We are connected! You're prettier than anything I've ever seen in my life-
Guess he would be. I smiled a little.

We are always solving arguments like this. Jin's chuckle could be heard down the Mind Bond.

Makes it much easier for me to actually read what going on in your mind because you darling, have a horrible habit of not speaking your mind and running away!

"I did not run away!" I pinched his hand causing him to hiss.

Prove it with a kiss! He smirked and looked away.