TWELVE

SEOKJIN'S POV

"It's one of your stupid mind whispering tricks, isn't it?" That was the first thing Y/N said as she glared at me, her eyes burning with fury and annoyance.

"I did what I had to do to get you here, sweetheart. And I must say, I don't regret it one bit." I bit my lip, taking my time to let my eyes trail over her curvaceous, well-endowed figure confined in a midnight blue satin bodycon dress and remembered how she'd felt insecure about her figure five years ago.

Now, it seemed like all of her concerns had been pretty unnecessary because if this wasn't the sexiest figure I'd seen on a woman, I didn't know what was.

I gulped as my gaze rose to her lips and then slid back down to her chest where a single diamond tear drop chain lay against her smooth skin, emphasising the depth of her dress' extremely revealing sweetheart neckline.

She clearly no longer had a reason to be insecure about her "flat-chest" now. I smirked at the thought as Y/N's cheeks flushed. 

"Keep your lewd thoughts to yourself, Jin." Her voice shook with repressed anger...and maybe a little bit of embarrassment as she pulled her hands up to her chest, covering her cleavage. "Don't forget I can hear every single thought of yours."

Y/N'S POV

"You know that's not something I can control, sweetheart." Jin gave me a crooked smile, his brows rising subtly underneath his lustrous, straight blue-black hair.

Unwittingly, I found myself admiring his now much longer hair. It wasn't like his hair was short before, but now his hair brushed the bottom of his neck, falling over his forehead in perfectly styled, bouncy dark wisps.

I swallowed hard, trying to push away the thought of running my hand through his luxuriously smooth hair and fixed him with a stern gaze.

"Well then, shut up like you did all these years." I retorted, hurt by his audacity to just step into my life after being gone for so long.

"I won't allow you to dump me and then come back to me whenever you please just because you've justified your actions all by yourself in your head with some messed up, self-important excuses that make no sense! Do you know how terribly selfish you were?" I whispered, rooted to my spot as I glared at him.

"You've always been that way, haven't you? Always doing what you think is right without ever taking my feelings into consideration. You whispered to me and messed with my thoughts when you felt like it, then selfishly  pulled away when you learnt about the Mind Bond because you were scared, then decided to get back with me again, kissed me, toyed with my feelings and played with my emotions only to ask me to take a break out of nowhere. Do you think I'm foolish enough to let you into my life again?" I scoffed, my chest heaving from the pent-up frustration.

Seokjin looked at me solemnly, his expressions unreadable. "I thought...it'd be better if you had a fair chance at a normal life without being bound to a Mind Whisperer for an eternity. I-I didn't want you to resent your fate and your bond to me. I didn't want you to regret being bonded to me because that would've killed me."

"And I've done all of that." I cut him off, marching towards him with confident steps now that he was no longer clouding my mind with shadowy images.

All I felt was a deafening silence inside my head as I grabbed his collars, twisting my fingers into the smooth fabric of his expensive shirt and pulling him down to my height until we were eye-to-eye.

"I have a normal job, a normal lifestyle and a normal man to take care of me." I lied shamelessly, hoping that he wouldn't read my thoughts and deduct that I was lying and indeed, I felt nothing.