8.) Slughorn

MADELINE'S POV

MADELINE'S POV

"And I'm afraid he is after something, or someone"

The words replayed in my head like a record. Harry stood from his seat, pacing around the room in thought. Nobody said a word, not even Dumbledore.

"D-do you this he's after us?" I ask, clearing my throat as I sat up straight. Dumbledore sighed, looking at Harry then back at me.

"I believe he is" He nodded, my eyes widened as I looked at Harry who had froze in place at Dumbledore's statement. He looked at me then at Dumbledore.

"So what do we do?" Harry asked, rushing back to the desk. "Because now I have to protect her, not just me Professor! Tell me what to do!" He yells, I grab his robe sleeve, begging for him to calm down and sit.

My eyes watered slightly but I blinked until the tears went away. I had to be strong for Harry, I had no choice.

"He will go after your weaknesses, after the things that make you strong. He can only win when you feel defeated" Dumbledore says softly, looking at the two of us. I nod and look at Harry who's fist were clenched. "Harry, I had you visit Slughorn before returning to Hogwarts incase this happened. Slughorn has vital information that he won't reveal to me. I must ask you to find out what it is he knows and report back to me" Dumbledore states directly to Harry.

Harry nods, I look at the two of them in confusion. Since when did Harry visit Slughorn?! Is Slughorn evil? Why else would he know something Dumbledore doesn't?

"Remain close to Professor Slughorn, I'm afraid it might be our only chance"

Dumbledore dismissed us without any further information. The confusion on my face must've been easily noticed by Harry because as soon as we left his office he pulled me aside and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry I never told you about Slughorn, you know how Dumbledore can be with his random visits" He apologizes, making sure I wasn't upset.

I nod and look down at my feet. "So what do I do then? You have to be all friends with Slughorn, what about me?"

"Befriend.... Malfoy" Harry sighs, I could tell he hated saying that sentence which make me grin slightly. I just loved the thought of Harry having to deal with the idea his sister was going to be friends with Draco Malfoy.

We made our way to the Great Hall for lunch, hugging goodbye once again as Harry went to sit at the Gryffindor table with Hermione and Ron. I sighed and sat next to Hannah, rubbing my forehead with my hands.