24.) Letters

MADELINE'S POV

MADELINE'S POV

It's been one week since Draco and I have spoken.

One week ago, Narcissa brought Draco and I back to Hogwarts right at the break of dawn. We came back silently, Dumbledore snuck me back to my dormitory quickly while Draco and his mother stayed behind in Dumbledore's office with Professor Snape. Although Dumbledore didn't say anything, I could feel the stress he held in infiltrating the air around us.

Blair, Blaise, Klaus, and of course Hannah kept me company as always. They didn't know what had happened, of course they didn't. 

They don't know that Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater.

But my heart hurts more and more every second that Draco isn't around. He's hardly in classes anymore and Blaise said he gets up early and comes back to their dorm late. Every. Single. Day.

Maybe I just don't want to admit to myself but deep down I fear Draco may be going through with his "mission". His ungodly "mission" to kill Dumbledore and destroy Hogwarts and change the wizarding world as we know it. And I hate that I even slightly for a second think he would do that.

But Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater.

"Earth to Madeline" Hannah sighs, waving her hand in front of me, snapping me back into reality.

"Sorry, just tired" I lie.

Hannah gives me a look. The "don't bullshit me" look. The look that always pisses me off a little.

She plops down on my bed, laying her head in my lap as I lean back against the wooden headboard. "Klaus invited us to come over tonight! Blaise and Blair will be there too" She rambles.

"Hannah we hang out with them every single day"

Hannah groans, gently punching my side. "You, hang out with them every single day" she mumbles, a smile creeping onto her face, "Madeline Potter I hate to break this news to you but I think we might be your only friends here" 

"Merline Hannah! Harsh much?" I laugh. She shrugs and jumps off the bed, grabbing my arm and yanking me up with her.

"Well we need to get going so change, you look like a mess and as much as I support the 'lazy day' outfit, you've worn those sweats and Malfoy's sweater the last two days straight"

Malfoy's sweater.

It was starting to not smell like his cologne anymore.