author's note :)

i know, not a new chapter, i'm sorry

hey yall :)

it's been awhile since i've been active/updated this fic and i want to be completely upfront and honest about why.

awhile ago i had a traumatic brain injury that's greatly impacted my memory, my speech, my ability to focus, my ability to process information and a lot more. it's been a challenge everyday to even hold a conversation or listen to someone talk to me because i cant seem to keep up.

i ended up moving back in with my mother (four hours away from my small lil mountain town) as i cant live on my own and have begun treatments to hopefully "rewire" my neuro pathways so life can become a little easier. 

i have spent the last three months in various types of therapy. speech therapy, physical therapy, and in general a lot of time talking to therapists. the treatment program i've started this month is essentially what feels like a last hope/resort for me. it's intense and its draining but if it makes my life somewhat back to "normal" than i'll deal with having no energy and extreme brain fog for awhile.

i had so many ideas for this fic but sitting and trying to write a descriptive, engaging, and emotional "book" is genuinely not something i am able to do right now and i dont know when i will be able to. 

all this aside, i want to tell you the direction this fic was/is heading.

this isn't a happy ending. 

one person walks away angry, left without closure, and doesnt turn back.

someone else is hurt from mistakes they made that ultimately led to the final goodbye. 

it was/is a tragic love story. one where a happy ending is so close to happening but in reality it just doesnt work like that. 

if/when i do finally update with a new chapter, i hope you all enjoy it as much as i enjoy reading/writing in general. 

anyways, its amazing this fic has gotten so much attention and im sorry this isnt the update you were hoping for. thank you for enjoying whats here so far and i hope someday this fic will get its true proper tragic ending.

- mj :)