10.) A Bird Shaped Note

MADELINE'S POV

MADELINE'S POV

"Madeline! Blaise told me you were coming by" Blair smirked, sitting up from her spot on Blaise's lap. She motioned for Klaus and I to sit. I hesitated but eventually sat across from her. The chairs in the Slytherin common room were much nicer than Hufflepuffs, lucky asses, literally.

Blair smirked, looking me up and down. "So, Hufflepuff, huh?" I nodded, too nervous to say anything else. She must've sensed my nerves because she gave me a soft smile that somewhat calmed me down. She was intimidating! Perfect dark skin with the most perfect set of natural curls I've ever seen. She wore her uniform with silver chains over it, something I hadn't seen anyone else do. She was breath taking. Blaise was a lucky man!

"I was a Gryffindor, like your brother! For most of my first year actually I spent it as a Gryffindor. I convinced myself that was the right house, got close to some girls but people had their suspicions... I didn't want to admit it but it made sense" She rambled, locking eyes with me. 

Everything she said was so accurate to my situation. Hannah was my only friend in Gryffindor, everyone else was... was Slytherin. 

"I met Blaise, he convinced me to ask Snape about it so I did. Snape tried to tell me the Sorting Hat was wrong and it was just a coincidence that everything else was pointing towards me being Slytherin. So I went to Dumbledore and what do you know? The hat put me here, it got me all wrong" 

Blair stood up, moving to sit next to me. "I know you don't think it's true but it wouldn't hurt to double check. Maybe you really are Hufflepuff but why not go see again?" She suggested, resting her hand on my leg. 

"But my brother- Harry would be devastated" I sighed.

Blair and Blaise chuckled, making me frown. "He didn't seem so devastated when his little sissy got Hufflepuff! Would Slytherin be so bad?" Blaise shrugged, Blair shot him a glare. I smiled slightly at her as Blaise muttered a sorry.

"If you truly belong in Slytherin, your time at Hogwarts will be miserable until you get sorted here" Klaus admitted, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table. I nod. He was right, especially now with how much overthinking I was doing...

"Alright, I'll see Dumbledore"

Klaus and I spent some time hanging out with Blaise and Blair before I decided to leave. It was funny seeing how Blaise acted around Blair versus how he acted with Draco. Of course Draco was intimidating but you'd think a guy like Blaise Zabini wouldn't be scared of some skinny boy like Draco. It made me smile seeing Blair and Blaise, how they joked with each other and how Blaise would always give her a gentle kiss on her forehead after each joke, reassuring her that he was only kidding. They were a cute couple.