13.) Birthday Witch

MADELINE'S POV

MADELINE'S POV

play attached song when it tells u to!!

It was always the small moments with Draco that stuck with me. Sure the night of the party always replayed in my head like a movie but it was how he would smile at me when nobody was looking to bringing me buttered caramels back from Hogsmeade that made me smile the most. I could tell deep down Draco Malfoy wasn't the boy everyone thinks he is.

He made my heart skip a beat. No matter how much I wanted to tell myself I didn't like him, I knew I did. How could I not? He was by far the most handsome guy I had ever seen, he was a year older than me and he was taller than me. In any fairy tale, he was the dream guy. But of course, my life isn't some fairy tale with happy endings and a beautiful love life, it's more morbid than that.

I had made a deal with my brother that I would only get close enough to Draco to learn his secrets. It felt wrong deep down when I made that deal, I knew I wouldn't want to stick to my word. A lot has changed since then, clearly. I felt like there was something in Draco that wasn't evil, I know there's more to him.

And besides that, I was catching feelings for the idiot.

"Good morning Birthday Witch!" Blair cheered, waving her wand in the air as tiny pieces of confetti appeared out of no where, covering the floor of our dorm. I roll my eyes but smiled softly as I sat up in the tiny twin xL bed.

"Blaise, Klaus, Hannah, and I have been planning today for weeks" She smiled, tossing me my Slytherin sweater along with my collared shirt and skirt, one of our alternate uniforms. 

"Hannah? As in Hannah Abbott?" I gasp, changing quickly. Blair chuckles and nod. "Yeah I guess Klaus had a Coming-To-Merlin talk with her"

I felt a big smile creep onto my face, I missed that blonde girl! 

"Breakfast shall we?" I smile, linking our arms together as we headed to the Great Hall.

As we walk in, Harry, Ron, and Hermione instantly rush over to me and practically strangle me in a hug. 

"Happy Birthday!" Hermione cheered, handing me a gift box titled 'To Madeline From Harry Ron and Hermione'. 

"Hurry! Open it!" She whines, impatiently. My eyes widen as I open it, seeing a beautiful bracelet with four charms, one representing each of us. A snake for me, a lightening bolt for Harry, a crown for Ron, and a simple light bulb for Hermione. I thanked Hermione, giving her another hug. I knew it was probably her idea as the boys sucked at giving gifts.