Chapter 81: Starting Over Again

"The question is, what do you really want to be?"

The question has been keeping you from thinking straight about the things going on around. It hit you right in the mark, now you couldn't help but wonder. What is it that you really want?

"Hey, Y/N." You blinked, feeling yourself being pulled back into reality. You perked your head up and met Kirishima's red eyes. You sighed, resting your chin on your forearms.

"Nothing. Stressed, that's all." You replied, exhausted. He sat down on a chair next to you, his gaze focused on you in concern. These past few weeks, you've been so distant from him and the others. He even asked his classmates if they ever did something that bothered you.

"Is it about getting your memories back?" He asked. He knew you've been desperate about the past, especially your relationship with his best bro.

Every time he looks at you, he couldn't stop himself from seeing the Y/N he used to know. He was there whenever you had a hard time in school and saw how you were able to pass through it. You were strong, brave, confident. That's why he admired you in the first place. But when he found out about you being a criminal's daughter, he was having mixed emotions. He didn't know if he should hate you or not for he believed the friendship you had with them was pure. But after seeing thd guilt in your little actions, he had made a sweet decision.

He's going to save you from sorrow and guilt whether you liked it or not. Even though you're not the Y/N he used to know, he's still taking care of you otherwise. He even tried to persuade Bakugo into dating you again. But what the latter said to him had hit the mark of his head. Even so, he's still going to be there by your side 'til the end.

"No."

He put on an apologetic smile, brewing himself some good old coffee. "What's bothering you then?"

"Physics." You replied bluntly, refusing to tell the redhead about the 'good or bad' situation. He took a sip of his coffee and stared off into the distance. "Do you still want to know about you and Bakugo though?"

Your head tilted up, side glancing the male. "Kind of."

He put down his cup of coffee and leaned his back on the chair, reminiscing the past that he had witnessed between you and the blonde.

"Well, you considered each other as opponents the first time you met. You basically hated each other, especially Bakugo. He was always mad whenever you took first place while he remains second or lower. He would curse on his own but still manages to keep himself stern all the time. When he found out that there was someone who could simply surpass his so called ego, he couldn't stop thinking about you then."

You scoffed mockingly while he just smiled at the memories. Of course you hated each other, you couldn't even believe you two dated.

"He felt his pride getting challenged by an even stronger feeling. All of a sudden, he took a liking on you. He loved how you were feisty in things and how you never take your fights easily. Then he realized, he was slowly falling in love. He hated it when he sees you with another man and he even admitted to himself that it had gotten out of control. So when you two confessed to each other, he couldn't keep his hands on himself. He even learned how to dance just for you."

A light chuckle escaped your lips. So that's why he liked you? Because you were feisty? How are you not even surprised.

"But most importantly, he fell in love with you more when you started fighting for people who you cared about. Like that time when you saved Midoriya, Iida, and Todoroki from Stain. He's never thought there was someone who was similar as him. He likes to pretend cold and hotheaded in front of everybody but actually, he just simply wants to protect his loved ones without getting scared. He pretends to act tough so he would be able to save everyone just like All Might in a completely different way. You inspired him."