Chapter 23: Shattered Hearts

"You all have your costumes, right? Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything."

"Yessir!" Ashido said cheerily, her mood was great but of course, the mood destroyer, Eraserhead, would destroy it, "Speak clearly! It's 'yes, sir,' Ashido."

"Yes, sir..." Ashido pouted.

It's been a week since Bakugo confessed. It troubled you when he ignored you the whole time. The more he was silent when you were around, the more guilty you felt. Not just guilt but hurt too. You knew the whole reason why you were here and you shouldn't be distracted. But life was full of unfortunate and unexpected events, that's what made it exciting. But for you, it was just awful.

"Make sure you you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships! Off with you, now," The class said 'yes, sir!' in unison.

You put a lot of thinking of which hero you were gonna choose. It took you three days to finish reading that paper with hundreds of names and it took you two days to choose from them. In the end, you chose the one from The Ninja Hero: Edgeshot. He was the number 4 ranked hero and he was great at combat skills and stealth. He was a ninja, and by watching Naruto, you knew just how strong he could be.

Since he was a ninja, it was clear you'll be training with him in the mountains.

Mount Mitake... I wonder just how high that mountain is. I heard there's a Shinto Shrine there. Good, it's a nice place ro relax and have time with the gods... are villains allowed to do that? I mean, Mom and I used to that before. Whatever, I'll just do it once I have break time.

"Y/N!"

You turned around to see Kirishima and Kaminari coming to your way. You waved at them with a smile and they did the same thing to you.

"Where are you heading to, Y/N? And who did you pick?" Kirishima asked once they were already close to you, "Edgeshot. Since he's a ninja and all, I'm heading to Mount Mitake. It's where he first trained. It's a long trip but it's fine," You answered bluntly. They gasped in amazement, "Wow! That's awesome! Ninjas are very manly!" Kirishima exclaimed as he lift his fist in the air.

"Hey, uh, we just wanted to ask you something," Kaminari spoke.

You tilted your head in confusion, "Sure, go ahead," You replied.

They looked at each other for a moment before shifting their gazes to you, "Did something happen between you and Bakugo by any chance? He's been off lately and everytime we ask him why he just ignores us and stays quiet. That was pretty unusual of him."

Your heart fell on the ground at Kirishima's question. Not only did you hurt Bakugo, you hurt his friends too. You didn't think about that... now you were starting to blame yourself for ruining their friendship.

You zoned out not minding the things around you. That day when he unexpectedly confessed to you, at the same time you rejected him, it was almost like a nightmare. In fact, it was real but you still couldn't believe it happened. Everytime he ignored you, it reminded you that it was indeed real. The shattering hearts, it was real. The tears, it was also real, everything was. You were more hurt to keep your feelings tucked away inside your heart, but you also had a goal. You were thinking about why you were in UA in the first place, you were focused on that. All you said was that you were sorry and you just can't... you knew it wasn't enough for him. His hatred for you, you deserved it. And soon, everybody's hatred... you'll deserve it someday.

With just Bakugo's expected behavior, you weren't prepared for paying for your sins at all. But then again, you thought those weren't sins, you thought of them as only part of that mission. Now, you were regretting that thought. Everything... was just so complicated.