Selene's POV

After she passed out, Matteo caught her before she could fall to the floor.
"Wh-what do you mean by that. She's just 1 month"
Matteo said with fear showing evidently in his eyes.

"She's been poisoned"

"Poisoned? When?"
I turned to the ugly rat in her cage and they followed my gaze.
She only smirked and crossed her arms which made me sigh.

"She inhaled an excessive amount of lidocaine and in it was another type of forbidden poison. My guess is arodine. It's odorless and colorless. The thing is if you inhale it, you have 20 minutes or less to flush it out of your system before it starts to spread but any second longer than that then it's too late"

"Too late? What do you mean too late"
Zoe tapped me with a worried look

"I don't have time to explain but all I can say is that this is a high class drug used only by Goddesses and demons. I don't know who's supplying her these stuff but things are getting more complicated than it is. I'll have to do a memory scan on her"

"So is Lilian gonna be alright"
I turned to Reiya and she nodded then had a tent appear for the surgery.

"Yeah..... she'll be fine so don't worr-"

"Please tell us the truth"
I looked away from Romeo and sighed.

"Right now, her chances of success are  are less than 30%"
Gasps came from everybody and I looked away.

"Put her on the stretcher"

"Wait..."
Romeo grabbed my arm and I turned around.

"I- what's gonna happen if the surgery goes wrong"
His hands were trembling as he looked down. Although he was trying to remain strong, I could still see how scared and vulnerable he was.

"If worst comes to worst, I'll have to save one of them"
He let go of my hand and fell to the floor.
Matteo on the other hand was looking down while clenching his fists to the point where his nails was digging into his palm.

"I know this wrong for me to ask but please choose. Who do you want to save?
Lilian or the baby?"

.........................

As we were inside the tent, Reiya and Tory got everything ready and I nodded then turned to Zoe who was crying her eyes out while holding onto Lilian's hand.
"Zoe, it's-"

"Grandmother please promise me that you'll save both of them. Please"
She turned to me with tearing pouring down her face.

"I-I'll do what I can but for now let go and stand back"
She did as I asked and I turned to Tory.

"I'm going to need you to focus on carefully extracting every poison that you come across. Reiya, focus on extracting the ones in the fetus."

"Yes, moon goddess"
They said at the same time and I nodded.

"What are you going to do?"
I turned to Zoe and slightly smiled.

"I can't just deliver a 1 month old baby. It's just not possible so as she's extracting the poison, I'm going to give the baby 9 months worth of my life energy which would make it grow and when that's done, we'll begin the delivery."
She nodded and I turned back.