vi.

quidditch

❏❏❏

AS Catriona walked out to the pitch with her teammates, the crowd roared. Her nerves were not calming down either. "Try not to be too nervous, they can smell your fear," James said before flying to his position. Catriona laughed as she too flew into the air. Her nervousness was gone and was replaced with adreneline as the whistle was blown, indicating the match had started. Catriona zoomed above everyone else, needing a good view to look for the small, rounded, Golden Snitch.

She flew up so fast, the wind in her ears drowned out the sound of the commentator announcing what was going on. "POTTER NOW WITH THE QUAFFLE SHOOTS AND HE - NOPE TALKLABOT BLOCKED IT. THE QUAFFLE NOW IN SLYTHERIN POSESSION, IT'S GOING FROM VANITY TO MAYFELD TO MASLIN COMING UP TO THE POSTS SHES GOING TO SHOOT - OOOO THAT WAS A NASTY BLUDGER TO THE RIBS." Catriona looked around and saw Sirius looking pleased at himself. She looked back up and finally saw the Slytherin's Seeker, Regulus Black. From afar he looked exatly like Sirius, with shorter hair of course.

Tuning out the loud commentator's voice, Catriona continued to search for the Snitch. Seeing as she hasn't caught a glimpse of it, Catriona zoomed closer to the ground by the posts. In doing so, she noticed Regulas Black start going after her but stopping once she stopped. Was he following what she was doing? Now that she had a better view of the lower ground, she started looking harder as Regulas went back for the overhead view. "...AND POTTER SCORES! THAT MAKES IT 50-10 GRYFFINDOR," Catriona heard the commentator announce. She must've missed the first 4 but when she looked up, she saw James making a victory lap around the stadium.

That's when she saw it, the Golden Snitch hanging around the top of Ravenclaw's spectators box. She shot her eyes towards Regulas and saw that he hadn't seen it yet, he was looking everywhere but there. Catriona leaned forward on her broom and sped towards the tower. She was almost there when Marlene stopped right in front of her, hitting a Bludger toards a Slytherin Chaser. "Sorry love, didn't mean to get in your way. Couldn't have you getting hit during your first game," she said before flying away. Regulas was now infront of her speeding for the tower, but the Snitch wasn't there anymore, it was down by the ground. As she was chasing it, she glanced back at Regulus and could tell he was following her and not the Snitch. Catriona flew to where the Snitch sped off to, the posts on the Slytherin side. "60-20, GRYFFINDOR STILL IN THE LEAD!" she caught the commentator say.

It was gone. She didn't see the snitch anywhere. Cat was circling the field for the snitch when she saw Regulas start to fly up, there it was. Catriona was closer and started going forward to it. As she was feet away, the Snitch shot up and was climbing higher and higher, followed by Cat and Regulas. After getting a good 10 feet above the stands, the Snitch started slowing down. Cat knew this meant it was going to turn around and sure enough, it did, shooting downwards. She sped down, close behind it, going faster than she had the whole match. As the commentator's voice came back, "SLYTHERIN SCORES, MAKING IT 70-30!" As she gained speed, she also gained on the Snitch. "SHE'S CAUGHT IT! CATRIONA MCGONAGALL HAS CAUGHT THE GOLDEN SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS 220-30!!"