xxvii

a halloween celebration

❏❏❏
OCTOBER 31st 1976

THE morning of Halloween was nothing short of eventful. The morning started off how every other Sunday morning did, with Cat sleeping and everyone else in the common room. On this Sunday morning, Rachel was the one who had waken her up, which was weird seen as Rachel never woke someone up unless there was a fire. She believed everyone needs as much sleep as they can get. "Why are you waking me up?" Cat asked as she sat up.

"You're being summoned to the common room by a suspicious looking James Potter," Rachel informed her.

"Oh Merlin, what could he want now?" Cat asked herself as she slipped on a jumper and pants. She followed Rachel down the stairs, who quickly ran for the portrait hole. James was sitting in the armchair, looking into the fire. "James, what do you need?" she asked.

"Do you remember what happened last year?" he asked, turning to her. Not letting Cat answer, he continued. "You jumped out of a window, making me get a week of detention."

"It's already been a year? Wow, time flies after you pin a prank on someone else," she winked at him.

"None of that, back to my speech," he waved her off. "Last year, you marked the start of a war."

"A war? For getting you a weeks detention? You have got more detention than that," Cat interjected.

"Yes I have, now would you stop interrupting me? What I was trying to say was you better watch your back," James said with a cheeky wink and a nod behind her.

"Watch my-" Cat turned around, only to be doused in nearly two gallons of paint.

"Muggle style prank," Sirius said, high-fiving Remus. Cat wiped the paint from out of her eyes so she could see the four, very happy, boys standing in front of her.

"You realize I can wash this off in the shower," Cat told them. Peter got out his wand and muttered a spell that was inaudible to Cat. She raised an eyebrow at the boys and retreated back into her dorm to shower.

❏❏❏

"BOYS!" Cat came running down the stairs screaming. When she found nobody, she went up the stairs to the boys dorm. After rapping on the door a few times, Peter slowly opened it. "James Fleamont Potter, Sirius Orion Black, Remus John Lupin, Peter..." Cat faltered, not knowing Peter's middle name. She felt the need to use their full name, seen as she was livid.

"We just use Wormtail as his middle name," Remus offered.

"Thank you. Peter Wormtail Pettigrew. You four are dead." Cat crossed her arms and stood there.